forum

Best way to prepare for the big leap that is val0108?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Just2good
Profile: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/202815

So far I'm having so much fun being able to FC/S-rank insanes when I probably couldn't dream of doing so before.

Then I tried Talent Shredder, Adults Toy, Scarlet Rose and just went holy crap that is a huge leap but looks so fun.

Is there anything I can do to prepare for those songs? I can semi read AR10 from practice sessions I've been doing.

What I've been doing:
- Editing Insane songs I enjoy playing to AR10
- HR+ NF Hard songs
-YOLOing Talent Shredder because I can't get enough of that song

I would greatly appreciate it if you guys can give me anything else to add in to my practice sessions, need moar pl0x I want to nolife game until I complete song.
Almost

Just2good wrote:

Profile: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/202815

So far I'm having so much fun being able to FC/S-rank insanes when I probably couldn't dream of doing so before.

Then I tried Talent Shredder, Adults Toy, Scarlet Rose and just went holy crap that is a huge leap but looks so fun.

Is there anything I can do to prepare for those songs? I can semi read AR10 from practice sessions I've been doing.

What I've been doing:
- Editing Insane songs I enjoy playing to AR10
- HR+ NF Hard songs
-YOLOing Talent Shredder because I can't get enough of that song

I would greatly appreciate it if you guys can give me anything else to add in to my practice sessions, need moar pl0x I want to nolife game until I complete song.
You don't need to be able to read AR10 to play val maps. Just play a lot of difficult songs that you can barely pass and avoid maps that you have to spam or where you die in a few seconds.
Zare
Topic Starter
Just2good

Almost wrote:

You don't need to be able to read AR10 to play val maps. Just play a lot of difficult songs that you can barely pass and avoid maps that you have to spam or where you die in a few seconds.
Definitely been doing that too during my practice sessions, forgot to include it though xD. Thanks!

Zare wrote:

t/187364
t/99612
t/193483
t/193399

lock pls
I have 3/4 of those bookmarked and use them weekly, was just asking for a more opinionated approach from people that have been in my situation and passed it. Thanks though!
Zare
People who have been in that situation and passed it did it by playing. All the theoretical knowledge you need is gathered in these threads, no one will be able to tell you anything new.
GoldenWolf

Just2good wrote:

I have 3/4 of those bookmarked and use them weekly
So you should already know The Answer; Play more.
Raging Bull
all we always say is

GoldenWolf wrote:

Play more.

GoldenWolf wrote:

Play more.

GoldenWolf wrote:

Play more.

GoldenWolf wrote:

Play more.

GoldenWolf wrote:

Play more.

GoldenWolf wrote:

Play more.

GoldenWolf wrote:

Play more.

GoldenWolf wrote:

Play more.

GoldenWolf wrote:

Play more.
Topic Starter
Just2good

Zare wrote:

People who have been in that situation and passed it did it by playing. All the theoretical knowledge you need is gathered in these threads, no one will be able to tell you anything new.
There are tons of different people out there, so there has gotta be something different/new.

GoldenWolf wrote:

Raging Bull wrote:

all we always say is

GoldenWolf wrote:

Play more.
That is all anyone says, for one its too vague, and what if I want to be more efficient with my playtime? D:
Raging Bull
Far as I know, to get better at something, what do you do? Do something similar to make you get better? Or practice the exact same thing to make you get better?
[ Zan ]
I mean most of them are pretty single tap heavy maps from what I know so if you want you can try fast single tapping maps..? The reason people say play more is because there's not much else to say aside from that
NotCookie_old
Playing more doesn't seem to be working for you. I'd suggest playing less, it might work for you
Zare

Just2good wrote:

Zare wrote:

There are tons of different people out there, so there has gotta be something different/new.
No.

Just2good wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

That is all anyone says, for one its too vague, and what if I want to be more efficient with my playtime? D:
You can be efficient by following the advice in the threads you bookmarked. We CANNOT and WILL NOT prepare an individual 24h practice program for every single time someone has problems.
All you can do is practicing. End of story.
RaneFire
Don't leap.
Topic Starter
Just2good

Raging Bull wrote:

Far as I know, to get better at something, what do you do? Do something similar to make you get better? Or practice the exact same thing to make you get better?
I would do everything I can so my answer would be both. But I get what you mean!

[ Zan ] wrote:

I mean most of them are pretty single tap heavy maps from what I know so if you want you can try fast single tapping maps..? The reason people say play more is because there's not much else to say aside from that
I can definitely do that, well to be more accurate, do that more often. I would weave in a few of those in but didn't dedicate much to it. Thanks!

NotCookie wrote:

Playing more doesn't seem to be working for you. I'd suggest playing less, it might work for you
Well one time I stopped playing for awhile and came back playing very well actually. So I can see how that can help somewhat.

Zare wrote:

You can be efficient by following the advice in the threads you bookmarked. We CANNOT and WILL NOT prepare an individual 24h practice program for every single time someone has problems.
All you can do is practicing. End of story.
Geez calm down, don't need to get all worked up. I just want to know more because I am not satisfied with the knowledge I currently have/know atm. Also there were a few people nice enough to help me out, why can't you? (Without being a robot about it anyway)

RaneFire wrote:

Don't leap.
What does leap mean? Or to be exact, what do you mean by leap?

Also I love your beatmap list! (Been using it for a couple of weeks now!)
Almost

Just2good wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

Don't leap.
Leap as in eat more than you can chew.
RaneFire

Just2good wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

Don't leap.

Also I love your beatmap list! (Been using it for a couple of weeks now!)
"The huge leap that is val0108" - The reason it's a leap is because it's a step too far, you pretty much said it yourself in the topic. There are many other maps you can play, or haven't played yet, that will offer you a challenge and develop your skills necessary to eventually play 0108 difficulties.

So yeah, that's how you prepare for val0108, by "playing more" other stuff that challenges you, without going straight into the deep-end (that is val0108).
Topic Starter
Just2good

Almost wrote:

Leap as in eat more than you can chew.
Thanks!

RaneFire wrote:

"The huge leap that is val0108" - The reason it's a leap is because it's a step too far, you pretty much said it yourself in the topic. There are many other maps you can play, or haven't played yet, that will offer you a challenge and develop your skills necessary to eventually play 0108 difficulties.

So yeah, that's how you prepare for val0108, by "playing more" other stuff that challenges you, without going straight into the deep-end (that is val0108).
Thanks for the detailed explanation! Can't believe I didn't get it when it was in my title thread x_x. I understand now, its just they look and sound so fun I can't help myself, want to play them and beat them. Guess I can't skip that easily, but I will try everything that was said in this thread to hopefully be able to play those songs asap. Thanks again.
GoldenWolf
You have bookmarked all the threads Zare linked and yet you made one anyway just to hear that? wtf
nooblet
Play Scarlet Rose.
NotCookie_old

GoldenWolf wrote:

You have bookmarked all the threads Zare linked and yet you made one anyway just to hear that? wtf
A Special Snowflake, he is
Purple
Don't singletap those maps... that's like sending a tank to take care of a home burglary

There are some maps you can play that can train you to read spaced 0108 maps without mashing buttons. Best examples I can think of are 190BPM [Hards] on doubletime.
Layne_old_1
In games nowadays people want to look for the shortest/fastest way to improve.

In osu!, it is very dangerous to do something like that. Chances are or should I say you will end up not being able to play certain maps that you should easily FC.

That is why people tell you "play more".

In your case, play maps that will increase your fundamentals (i.e easy mod, AR8, old maps which enforce square/triangle/diamond patterns) instead.. as a whole.
GoldenWolf
If anything it's dangerous for your hands to try singletapping these 280bpm maps when you're still a newb

People don't realize how much straining osu! is on your hands
jesse1412

GoldenWolf wrote:

If anything it's dangerous for your hands to try singletapping these 280bpm maps when you're still a newb

Deal with it. That's how I got faster. People are too pussy IMO.
Purple

jesus1412 wrote:

GoldenWolf wrote:

Deal with it. That's how I got faster. People are too pussy IMO.
I'm pretty sure I remember reading on thelewa's afk.fm that you did rock climbing

I guess that had nothing to do with you being able to withstand 280 BPM from the get-go
Avena
Play maps by actually good mappers who didn't get their fame by spamming jumps and mapping vocaloidu.
*Runs away*
Jenny
Please leave.
Illkryn
I don't even play Val maps because I don't like them yo'
tokaku
Why don't you try playing maps harder than what you usually play but you can FC if you tried hard enough instead of jumping all the way to something insanely difficult?
show more