Total votes: 245
Polling ended
Topic Starter
megumic
Main thread: [osu!] Project Loved: June 2024

goreshit - jeh, right. by Corim and DigitalHypno
194 BPM, 2:41 | 7.44★

Captain's description (by megumic):
How tragic is this, we are already at our last beatmap for Project Loved this month... This is so sad... Oh well... Here is the third Wildcard pick for June 2024, goreshit - jeh, right mapped by Corim...? No, this is mapped by DigitalHypno. WHAT? WHY? Well, I talked to DigitalHypno and he gave me a lore dump, so I'll tell you why, and much more.

Back in 2016, DigitalHypno would play his first open rank tournament (Dual Cup 2) together with Corim, and they faced the same issue that almost every team faces in a tournament — coming up with a team name. They decided to randomly scroll through song names and eventually decided to "jeh, right". DigitalHypno would then map the full song to be used as his default warmup map in future tournaments that allowed warmups, most notably appearing in the osu! World Cup 2018 Grand Finals as well. (Alongside the iconic Golec uOrkiestra - Slodycze by WubWoofWolf that just got loved this month!)

But this guy DigitalHypno... was obsessed with the statistics of his profile. The most well-known example would be how he spent 4 years meticulously tracking his playcount each month to form a mirror image in his play history graph. But another thing you may not have realised is that despite all of his contributions to the osu! community in tournaments and Project Loved, he has ZERO FORUM POSTS!!! So the reason why Corim is the one uploading the map is because at the time uploading a beatmap would automatically generate a forum post.

I can't believe this guy... And you know what? Here are some other jeh, right fun facts that I can throw in just because of how much he went on. Did you know this map has a lot of patterns that were rotated 37 degrees???? That's crazy! Who is in the background? Andrew Zimmern; very interesting! And if you didn't know DigitalHypno was such a YAPPER, NOW YOU KNOW TOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Sigh... I'm tired. Just go vote for the map and let's get this month's picks over with. See you next month.

(this is a joke btw i love digitalhypno)

Please use this thread to discuss why you believe this map should or should not enter the Loved category!
Vertarix
jeh, right.
Topic Starter
megumic
This map passed the voting! It will be moved to Loved soon.