forum

How do i rank my map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nixwin
Hi, im new here, well for a year and i made my 4rth map, which is tense and is still a work in progress, i need to know how do i get my map ranked and is it possible to even rank the map
I also need suggestion on what i might have done wrong here's my map: beatmapsets/2197698
Noffy
Moved to mapping discussion as it is not an RC proposal or discussion

Welcome! o7

Generally there are 3 major parts to ranking maps, but the time each one takes can vary a lot depending on your experience and the type of map.

First is to the best of your ability making sure it meets The Ranking Criteria. This can help iron out technical or spread issues in your map.

Next is getting mods, which you can read more about on the Modding Wiki Page. This is when people give your map feedback and you actively choose what to change or not to improve the map further. Generally, mappers will learn from others mods on their maps and continue making new maps with what they have learned. You can also continue getting direct feedback from mappers, modders, and players to improve a map. Modders may also help in pointing out RC issues you missed as well.

I suggest checking out modding queues to find people taking modding requests to ask for feedback on your map.

When a map feels ready to yourself and modders, that's when you'd look into the Ranking Procedure by looking for Beatmap Nominators to push your map. Depending on if it is ready or not, they may choose to accept or deny a request, or ask you to get more mods or similar.

I hope those pages are useful and happy mapping!
[TCD] Dzar03
Try to represent your map clearly, place notes where there's a distinctive sound, keep your pattern structure clear, consistent, fit to the song and playable. Not overmapped or undermapped. Then do what Noffy guided you