forum

[Archived] accidentally pressed delete all maps on osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fishboness
I accidentally pressed delete all maps on osu and now osu is deleting all my beatmaps starting from 1*, i closed the game and shut down my laptop to delay it but is there anything i can do to stop it? It’s not in my recycling bin either, and some files are from way back so i deleted them from my laptop, i cant get them back.
most of the beatmaps i play are still in the game, so i dont need to recover anything now, i'd just really like to stop the process.
Is there any cmd i can run to stop it? Theres no way it will keep deleting away with no shut down button right?? ahahahaah

TLDR HOW TO STOP OSU DELETING MAPS

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
Blushing
If i recall correctly, once you confirmed that you want to do that the process is already done. IF you want to get them back you can try looking through your most played beatmaps and/history. Otherwise if they are not in the trashcan/recycle bin they are most likely deleted for sure.
MusicRitman
A simple quitting from the game stops osu deleting all maps that it didn't yet delete. If it isn't in a trash bin, your best option is looking at most played maps, or if you get a supporter, a "Played" filter in beatmap search.