forum

[resolved] Transfered beatmaps across drives but the new game will not detect the files

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[rylan]
Problem details:
I know alot of people have this issue but I cannot find the correct anwser to fix my specific issue, if anyone could direct me to a form that would be great.

Basically I copied all my song, skins and screenshot files into a new install of osu, it reads the skins file correctly but none of the songs will update into the game. I see alot of people getting a notice that sys "osu has detected a change in the beatmap folder", however I never got this message, f5 doesn't update it at all here.
Any suggestions? Thanks!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

[img:1337][/img:1337]
osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
Wimpy Cursed
How did you copy the files? Did you copy the "song" folder instead of going into it and selecting each song within the folder?
Topic Starter
[rylan]

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

How did you copy the files? Did you copy the "song" folder instead of going into it and selecting each song within the folder?
I copied the song folder and said to replace the new song folder on the new client
Wimpy Cursed
Okay, this may be due to folder permissions.

Try repairing folder permissions. There is a button in-game under "maintenance" tab.
If this doesn't work, you may need to do the copy and paste again. But I'd suggest selecting every song.
Topic Starter
[rylan]
fixed it! I ended up clearing the new folder and copied the songs directly into the already existing song folder and it let me refresh it. thank you!!
Wimpy Cursed
No problem?
I may be reading this incorrectly, but did you have two song folders?
Topic Starter
[rylan]
no, when i went to transfer my songs over i dragged it in as the song folder and replaced the one in the client already, but the 2nd time i went in and selected every song and added to the already made client song folder