forum

[Proposal] Make rule to prevent miss using of 'Samples match playback rate'

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
arien666
Well, as this option was revealed recent and I found that this would make playing experience worse for DT/NC or HT/DC(Daycore) users. As this option exists for mapsets which use full-hitsounds like BMS concept or piano concept mapsets but some mapper uses this even mapset doesn't have any custom hitsounds.

At then, it would play failback sounds from skin hitsounds and they are purposed as played with x1.00 speed.

I searched RC but there's no rule related with this option so modder cannot post as problem which makes playing experience worse.

So, I suggest to add rule related with this option into general playmodes(std, taiko, catch and mania) so mappers and modders can care about this and make playing experience as usual one.
clayton
definitely agree. surprising that it's not mentioned in RC at all yet
tilda
im not sure this happens enough to the point where it needs to be codified into rc, but it's definitely a strange thing when you run into a map that does this

i guess if it does happen enough then ye why not
SaltyLucario
i mean it doesnt matter how often it happens it shouldn't not be allowed under any circumstances no?
Topic Starter
arien666

SaltyLucario wrote:

i mean it doesnt matter how often it happens it shouldn't not be allowed under any circumstances no?
Only if mapset used custom hitsound like piano into NC mapset I guess
SaltyLucario
yeah i meant usage for non keysounded maps, mb
tilda

SaltyLucario wrote:

maybe; i just consider it more of an unwritten rule that "if you notice it you say something"

tbf, the less of those there are in the mapping scene, the better off we are probably

also should this be a rule? feel like its definitely more in guideline territory
McEndu
The main question is to define keysounding.

I would support fully banning usage of Samples match playback rate in Taiko, because it don't make sense there. No comment for other modes.
Topic Starter
arien666

tilda wrote:

SaltyLucario wrote:

maybe; i just consider it more of an unwritten rule that "if you notice it you say something"

tbf, the less of those there are in the mapping scene, the better off we are probably

also should this be a rule? feel like its definitely more in guideline territory
This won't be mattered in other modes well but as Taiko, there is already hitsounds like dons and kats. They will be affected by this and user would have weird experience which cannot be handled by user self.

So I say this as rule for Taiko ag least but not sure for other modes since they use keysounds sometimes.