forum

[Archived] Request Silence History

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
niat0004
Currently, the GMT/NAT can see a user's silences at any point in history through their profile page, but the user themselves can't. They can only see silences from the past 28 days, like any other user.
I believe there is no reason to suppress this information from the user if they want to know it; while I understand that a user may not want to be reminded of past mistakes, someone who is not sure and/or curious should be able to see it if they so wish.

Therefore, I propose the following: A user may, if they wish, email accounts@ppy.sh and ask for a record of their silences.
The response should show the date and time of the silence, the duration of the silence, and the publicly shown reason for the silence.
chromb
This is the kind of thing that is probably included with a GDPR Subject Access Request (1). I would recommend emailing privacy@ppy.sh (2) with a request to do one of those.

(1) - https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/uk-gdpr-guidance-and-resources/individual-rights/individual-rights/right-of-access/

(2) - legal/en/Privacy#:~:text=from%20our%20systems.-,Data%20Controller,-Hi%2C%20I%20am

[Moved to help forum as it feels like it fits better there?]
Topic Starter
niat0004
They replied that they don't provide users' silence histories.