forum

[Archived] Drawing tablet not snapping to position

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Not_Nik0
Problem details:
I have a drawing tablet (Huion H640P) that I bought for drawing, but I heard to get used to it playing osu is a great way to practice, but the cursor position doesn't snap to the position on the tablet, which makes the same affect as mouse drift. I have raw input turned off, and it was working yesterday so I don't know why it isn't working now.

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
- Marco -
make sure you're in pen mode and not in mouse mode from the tablet program settings
Topic Starter
Not_Nik0

- Marco - wrote:

make sure you're in pen mode and not in mouse mode from the tablet program settings
yeah it's in pen mode. It snaps to position when im not playing osu, so i think it's an osu thing
Polyspora
disable any tip features (like click) and windows ink

if it doesnt work, can you go a little deeper on how this "snap" happens?
Topic Starter
Not_Nik0

Polyspora wrote:

when I mean snap to position I mean it instantly goes to the position on the drawing tablet. Not sure if there's an actual word for this though.
edit: I forgot to mention that sometimes when raw input is on, it goes to the left corner then when I turn it off it starts going to position.
Polyspora

Not_Nik0 wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

when I mean snap to position I mean it instantly goes to the position on the drawing tablet. Not sure if there's an actual word for this though.
are you hovering or dragging the pen? maybe the tablet is not registering some moves because you're too far away from the actuation area

just some theories though, I'm sorry I cant be of any more help in this case.