forum

I cant combine aim and clicking

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RoadRunner1255
Problem details:
I suddenly cant click and aim properly. It started about 1 week ago that I noticed I couldnt combine my clicking and aiming. When using the only-aim mod i can play up to 7 stars, when only clicking also up to 7 stars. And now I am stuck at the border from 5 to 6 stars, my accuracy is low and I feel like I am completely lost. What do I do and where is the problem ???

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
metahexaneW
Master the basics, play a lot of aim control about 4 to 5 star rating and simply get really good at both finger control and aim control and you will automatically be able to combine them.
Ashera Tsepeshi
Hello there! If you want to improve, you first need to find your optimal difficulty. What do i mean, well, inspect the threshold of maps that you can FC (full combo) without any difficulty or at least, breaking a little sweat. Also, try to aim for at at least %95 accuracy with your plays. It will take some time but it is nothing to be afraid of. Never skip any difficulty, especially the 3 - 4 star difficulties. Need better aim? start with essentials like 1 - 2 star maps. Need a better combo rate? Try to play longer maps but, of course, in your difficulty. Play ranked maps, as they are coming with skillsets that you should be experiencing yourself and mastering.

I recommend you to search some skins for yourself if you don't have a one. Trust me, it helps (really)

Lastly, you can get a graphic tablet! (You are not forced to get, it is just that, overall community finds it more suitable than playing with mouse so it is completely up to you.)
Blushing
moved to gameplay and rankings as it will help more :)
Jellinad

My Angel Rubje wrote:

Master the basics, play a lot of aim control about 4 to 5 star rating and simply get really good at both finger control and aim control and you will automatically be able to combine them.
sorry but this fucking triggers me. I can barely play 4-5 star maps comfortably and I'm literally double this person's rank. low 4 star maps is what you should aim for at most for now and you should probably play more mid-high 3 star maps. 4-5 star maps are a lot harder for newbies than experienced players make them out to be.
Ashera Tsepeshi

Jellinad wrote:

My Angel Rubje wrote:

sorry but this fucking triggers me. I can barely play 4-5 star maps comfortably and I'm literally double this person's rank. low 4 star maps is what you should aim for at most for now and you should probably play more mid-high 3 star maps. 4-5 star maps are a lot harder for newbies than experienced players make them out to be.
Yes, for example, 3.18 star map sometimes can be like 4.0 star map and while 3.79 star map will be felt like 3.50 and so on. So that's why one should never skip a difficulty to learn the key skills to get better. Because you cannot know what to expect if you are not excelling your previous work.
aplastic anemia

RoadRunner1255 wrote:

When using the only-aim mod
Were you using that a lot? Because it might be messing with your ability to sync aim and tap. You Might want to turn that off for a while so you can adjust to playing normally again.
Ashera Tsepeshi
Only aim and only tap modes might help you to understand combo patterns and skills better but i advise you to not get too dependent on these modes, as you may already know, this is you. Only you can find which option will suit you best so i suggest going through each playstyle. You will certainly find your comfort zone, and to get better, all you have to do is getting outside of that comfort zone from time to time and some committment. Then, you will see the improvement. It won't gonna happen overnight so, trust the process!
Nanofranne
You'll get there! Start as easy and slow as you need and get higher accuracy as you possibly can! You will slowly understand by yourself on how to coordinate aiming and tapping on time!
Topic Starter
RoadRunner1255
Oh boy, gone for just a short time and so many replies already ! I love the Osu! community, anyway... thanks for all the advise, my aim and consistency has improved a lot since then as you might tell off of my pp :). Playing lower star maps and aim control really helped starting all over again, im slowly working myself up to 6 stars again, currently going for 100pp. I think one big issue also was that I was too "soft" on myself, I in fact did use RX and AP quite a lot and usually edited the maps to make them easier...

Thanks for all the advise ! You all really helped me out !
Winnyace
You don't even have 100hours in the game and you play maps that I should play to improve? No wonder you can't combine aiming and clicking, because you barely even have the basics of anything. Play Hard and take it slowly from there.
Topic Starter
RoadRunner1255

Winnyace wrote:

You don't even have 100hours in the game and you play maps that I should play to improve? No wonder you can't combine aiming and clicking, because you barely even have the basics of anything. Play Hard and take it slowly from there.
Im kind of went blind into the game, thinking that accuracy is like just a side product and as long as I get around 85% I can go on and just move to next star passage...well was wrong about that. Im trying to replace all my A ranks with S ranks, is that helping or a waste of time ?
Happy Satoko

RoadRunner1255 wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

Im kind of went blind into the game, thinking that accuracy is like just a side product and as long as I get around 85% I can go on and just move to next star passage...well was wrong about that. Im trying to replace all my A ranks with S ranks, is that helping or a waste of time ?
This is my playstyle, others may disagree but imo it is mostly just a timesink. In the 1-2* and maybe 3* range it could be helpful because it'll help you with the basics. Past that, it's probably going to slow you down, because you'll be focusing on trying to improve too much at once. So I would say focus on getting the basics down and after that, just push your skill in general and be more relaxed about how many As you have.
Naiad

RoadRunner1255 wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

Frankly it's mostly a waste of time improvement wise. You'll have plenty of maps that you realistically have already completely mastered that you A ranked long ago.