forum

What are some interesting old threads that you've found on the osu! forums?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
user3412
I know about one old thread that might be interesting: community/forums/topics/28263?n=1
In that thread, you can see that the creator of the thread (Hanyuu) asked some questions about mapping meant for the future. You can then see the anonymous (anonymous_old) account talking. What's more interesting is that the anonymous account was created on August 2007, while osu! (and by extension the website and forums) was released on September 2007. How could the anonymous account have been created before osu! was even released?
- Marco -
The anonymous account was an account created by phpBB (the old forum system). I think banned account posts were moved to show that they were made by that account i think.
Mother Nature
The first public forum post is dated August 28, 2007, and belongs to peppy.

Source : wiki/en/Community/Forum#history
Maybe the anonymous guy made their account the same day as the release of the public forum.
Here are the very first topics created: community/forums/topics/2?n=1 community/forums/topics/3?n=1
Topic Starter
user3412

- Marco - wrote:

The anonymous account was an account created by phpBB (the old forum system). I think banned account posts were moved to show that they were made by that account i think.
Oh, I understand now
Lyawi

user3412 wrote:

I know about one old thread that might be interesting: community/forums/topics/28263?n=1
That's a really interesting thread to read after 14 years, wow. Makes me think. Who was in the right?
Topic Starter
user3412

Lyawi wrote:

user3412 wrote:

That's a really interesting thread to read after 14 years, wow. Makes me think. Who was in the right?
hello green person I agree with you. Who was in the right?
nominomu
sometimes i wonder what it would be like if i were to travel back to 2010 and show someone a 2024 hard tech map
pizzaboy
There's tons of really good threads on how to stretch properly before play8ng osu they go really REALLY in depth with it so that's pretty interesting and helpful
Topic Starter
user3412

pizzaboy wrote:

There's tons of really good threads on how to stretch properly before play8ng osu they go really REALLY in depth with it so that's pretty interesting and helpful
I'm talking about old interesting threads, so please link them, or if you don't have one, delete that reply
Aireunaeus

- Marco - wrote:

Oh and i thought anonymous_old was strager that got completely removed from the osu database instead of being restricted lol
I AM VERY SMART
Karmine

Title wrote:

What are some interesting old threads that you've found on the osu! forums?
And you reply with a 5 month old thread that YOU made that's so uninteresting it died instantly.