forum

[Finished][Mania 7k Beatmapping event] Map For Fun Season 3

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
yz1155

MasterSheet | Discord

● For getting anouncement and more informatiom, I recommend to join and check discord server. (It is all-muted server except host's some announcement.

Information

● This is an unprofessional and very casual 7K mania mod mapping contest.

● This is just for all players to have fun.

● This will be a blind mapping contest. Until the judging phase is completely over, the host will not know which beatmap belongs to which participant.

● Participants will make the beatmap with songs in the list and send their map .osz file(s) to the tournament staff's discord message (Participant can check it in the discord server).

● The song list will be revealed on June 8th or 9th.

● If you don't use a discord, please contact me first.

● Make sure to attach your osu! profile link when you send your submission for the tournament staff to identify you.

● After the map submission deadline, the tournament staff will gather up all the maps and send them to the grader (me) to judge them. But if we get a lot of submissions than expected, tournament staff will send me participant's submissions before the deadline for smooth judging phase.

● The tournament staff is the only person that knows who the mappers are. All I will do is grade the maps and let the tournament manager know the results. I will know the number of participants to manage the prize pool but I will have no idea who is participating.

Prizes

● Current full prize : $150+ USD

● General prizes (1st - 4th place)
(If the number of participants is more than expected, it may change to 1st - 5th place)

1st place : 1 year of supporter.

2nd place : 6 months of supporter.

3rd place : 4 months of supporter.

4th place : It depended on how many people participated in the event.

● Host's Choice : Similar with the last contest, I will select some beatmaps as Host's Choice. Regardless of the beatmap's quality, I will just select fun beatmaps.

For example :
Host's Choice (Early), (Late), (LN density), (RC Tech), (RC Mixed), (ChordStream), (Training)....

● I can assure that if the number of participants is less than 25, I will give one month of Supporter to everyone who participates in this event.

● I don't have any power to nominate beatmaps for ranked, but if I think a participant's submission is good enough for ranked and it is longer than 4 minutes, I can recommend the winning beatmaps to a Beatmap Nominator. I promise I will be a playtester if your map is pushed for ranked.

Contest rules

● Please do not change the creator name, difficulty name, add any tags, or add a background image to the map.

● OD , HP , offset and BPM(Some song has 'BPM change.') is up to the mapper.

● If there is any off timing in the song and you want to change some part's bpm, it is fine to revise bpm and add timing point. But please complete the normalization to prevent SV.

● Participants can only use songs from the Song List. It will be revealed in the master sheet or discord channel soon.

● Download the sample .osz file from the mastersheet or Discord channe. Make sure to remove the first note and check the bpm.

● DO NOT upload your beatmap online OR send it to another player until the contest is completely finished.

● Participants will send their map .osz file(s) to the contest staff's discord, not me.

● Make sure to put your osu! profile link when you send your submission.

● Participants can submit multiple beatmaps.

● The contest manager will send a reply to the participant's submission email and clarify that he received both the .osz file and osu! profile link. Please make sure that you get a reply from the manager. If the participant forgot something or there is an issue, the manager will notify them in the reply.

● Always have some fun.

Judging Criteria

10% = Expertise, creativity, and uniqueness of the map. Of course, these are very crucial to a good map, but the theme of this contest is always "fun." No matter how the map has great quality and aesthetically well made, if there is a huge gap between the host's preferences and the submission, probably it will be difficult to get a high score from the host. I don't have any beatmap making skills, so I may not catch how creative and artistic your beatmap is.

● If the same song is mapped twice and both are pretty fun to play, I might give a higher score to the beatmap that is more specialized, more unique, and more creative.

90% - How fun the map is. For making a great and nice map, it needs technical mapping skill and unique intuition. But, how do we judge this? I think of maps like food dishes, no matter how skilled the creator is, not everyone will be satisfied by the result. I can't provide objective judgement to all you great mappers, so expect judgement to be subjective.

● Overmapping (using very small snap timings, or using an excessive amount of notes or patterns compared to the music) is not a good mapping choice for making a ranked map. But, if it is fun to play, there will be no penalty.

● Choosing tricky music and incorporating various patterns can give participants an slight edge.

● I recommend not using constant jumptrill or keyboard mashing patterns (i.e. Fool Moon Night patterns).

● You can use SV patterns but please send both an 'SV Diff' and a 'NO SV Diff'. I will only judge the 'NO SV Diff'.

● All levels of difficulty are fine. 8th Dan ~ Zenith+++ (★15~★★6) is preferred. Of course, LN patterns are perfectly good.

● It's fine to omit the start or ending of a song if you think it will be better.

Schedule

● 06/08 or 06/09 : Song list reveal

● 06/09 ~ 06/30 UTC 23 : 59 Submission Deadline

● 07/06 : Results Announcement

Song list

You guys can check it in the mastersheet or discord channel soon. (On this weekend)
Reihynn
yay mff5025
BKwind
wooo mark
Itawachi
yippee
Makiba
😄
U1d
🔥🔥🔥
Nacl83333736
go go go