forum

maybe fnf songs aren't so rubbish?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sametdze
look usually i would dunk on fnf for a whole load of reasons, one of those reasons being the songs usually being absolute trash

now you can imagine my surprise when i found a fnf song from a sml mod out of all things, that actually had lyrics that had real meaning behind them. its genuinely cool imo, way better than pretty much every other fnf song i've heard. mod is called "marvin's marvinous monday", and the song is called cease n desist.

(this is only the part that i care about, after this it goes back to beeps and boops)

lyrics
Mario: "Oh, Ma-Ma-Marvin!"

Marvin: "What?"

Mario: "Your honor, let me rest my case. I have QUITE the plentiful things to say! That's not me, and I'm not him. So I have a case, and a cease and desist for you. You're just a cheap copy, and a little boy. You wanted to make videos with these STUPID LITTLE TOYS! Let me show you, what that does now. And I'll paint your face as if you were a clown."

Judge Pooby: "Marvin?"

Marvin: "In all of my days, not once have I tried to steal his face! I'm not him, and he's not me. But give us another chance, I promise you please! I'm not the one at fault I swear. Logan's just writing stuff, not giving a care. Our careers, I mind you, already at stake. Can't we just forget this case?"

shit nobody cares about
the thing i like about this is the fact that the lyrics genuinely have meaning behind them and isnt some random shit. basically logan (guy who runs sml) got a cease and desist from nintendo because logan used mario toys in his videos, then logan had to switch to using these retrofitted puppets instead. mario in this song represents nintendo and marvin represents logan.
lostsilver
interestingg
i like fnf songs in general but whoa this is like actual peak
Achromalia
fnf's community has been something i have never really found a clear entrance for but i played the original game up to maybe roses, and i think i remember enjoying it

i have to agree that a lot of songs feel kind of melodically/harmonically awkward and a little texturally barebones, specifically for the taste i developed, but at the same time ourrgh i love that there's such an extensive modding scene for it

i'm not sure i like this at all but i don't dislike it!! the lyrical narration has substance because it reflects this event but otherwise it just feels so awkward/clunky and it's why i didn't enjoy the fandroid songs that were introduced in another music thread

i wonder if a lot of what makes it so compelling, though, is the underlying emotion/mood of those lyrical and harmonic contexts, they usually are there to set the scene and emphasize a climactic or distinct premise and i admire what roles they play in making these surrounding storylines appeal so much to people

but it reminds me a lot of when fnaf and undertale first came out, the fanbase being so young, just as i was. specifically all the au music for sans and gaster battles. it seems like that's where you just kind of gravitate to in youth sometimes-- that evocative catharsis in music that often is expanded on by these fanmade creations

it's really delightful
lostsilver
oooh, if you like this one you should check out the lyric part in silly billy if you havent!
Achromalia

lostsilver wrote:

oooh, if you like this one you should check out the lyric part in silly billy if you havent!
this is extremely undertale au vibes

that's exactly the catharsis i think i notice people holding onto, i kind of adore it