forum

[Archived] huion tablet driver disconnecting when i open osu! (MacOS)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mello___
Problem details:
hi, I used to play osu! normally on windows with my huion inspiroy H430P. i recently switched computers to a MacBook Pro, and I downloaded osu! onto it yesterday. connecting the tablet itself works fine, but the driver acts really odd.

I like to change the working area on the tablet to be sensitive (otherwise many beatmaps are unplayable). without osu! open, the tablet works with the updated area. even when I close the driver, the area is updated. but as soon as I open osu!, the driver disconnects, and the working area returns to the original state. I've tried just about everything, and I'm super confused.

if I quit the driver before opening osu!, the tablet disconnects and I have to replug it in. once I replug it, it's back to the original area. if I try to open the driver while osu is open, it says the device is disconnected (even when it works). I have to close osu!, to which the driver immediately works again.

I know that osu! on MacOS is unstable, and I could adapt to using a large working area on the tablet, but it makes the game a lot less enjoyable.

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)