forum

David Bowie - Let's Dance (Storyboarded)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Echo
BPM: 123.00
Offset: 1400

Change the values in the Timing Setup Panel form, and resnap at 1/4. The sliders will need to be redone, and a few beats will need to be manually adjusted.
Topic Starter
m980
Thanks Echo!

Resubmitted Beatmap. I think it is PERFECT!

I'll probably have to fix the difficulty a bit.

Even though lot's of people seem to have trouble on this song on the ds, it's Score isn't really high. Wow.
Echo
You should try to avoid catmull sliders, such as but not limited to 00:28:96 (1), 00:34:57 (1) and 00:56:03 (1).

Also the bit 01:11:39 (1,2,3,4,5,6) and subsequent repeat(s) look a bit untidy. I have no idea what the original looks like, so can you please confirm this?

edit: didn't look at the other difficulty, but looking at note count and time frame, it's probably just the sweatin' version flipped? if so, same changes apply.
Topic Starter
m980
K.. Made all Sliders Bezier. As for the Combo you mentioned..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU3OMQzydwg
Echo
From the replay it looks like a square rotated clockwise about 20-30 degrees, while yours is more of a trapezium :/
Topic Starter
m980

Echo49 wrote:

From the replay it looks like a square rotated clockwise about 20-30 degrees, while yours is more of a trapezium :/

Hmm...

Changed the "Trapezeum" to look more like a "square".

Working on Normal.

Edit : OH DAMN! On the Last chorus, there is a beat with another beat overlapped on top at the same time.. Gotta get rid of that.
Echo
Yeah looks a lot more tidier now.

Glad you noticed 02:26:76 (6) :P
Topic Starter
m980
Fixed 02:26:76 (6).

I also love how noone except Echo bothers to Mod this. Even though it is an EBA Authentic.
IsThisASignoftheEnd
... is this dead? :(
Topic Starter
m980

IsThisASignoftheEnd wrote:

... is this dead? :(

No.. I'm just working on Cruisin.. Then eventually Breezin. It would also be good if more mods actually modded this.
Kai
here a fixed version of this , i think now is 100% authentic
Let's Dance Kai edit
Topic Starter
m980

Kai wrote:

here a fixed version of this , i think now is 100% authentic
Let's Dance Kai edit
Somethings not right.. I can't really extract the file..

I probably should work on this...

Added Cruisin'.

DID A FIRST!!

Now there are all 4 SFX from the game in their correct area. Added via Storyboarding.

Edit : DAMN.. The EBA sfx link in the Official EBA Song thread is broken.. I can't get the SFX from the Diva's so I probably won't be able to do Hard Rock SFX.
mrtn
00:28:47 (5): put it 1/4 forward, that sounds better. Unless this is not authentic of course!
00:28:96 (1): put it 1/4 fowards and shorten it by 1/4.

haven't modded further than that.
ash
I heard this was authentic, so I'm a little unsure on what's wrong or not, because it has to be correct on two standards; osu! ranking policy, and Elite Beat Agents authenticity. Maybe you should make the preferred skin Elite Beat osu! or something?

[Breezin']
Remove the break at the end plz

[Cruisin']
01:25:30 (5) - Spacing/hueg jump

[Sweatin']
Okay, I don't see anything totally off. I can't judge authenticity though, as I don't own/never owned that game.
Also, there are a lot of nasty jumps.

[HardRock!]
There are a lot of nasty jumps...

Nice storyboard by the way! :D
Topic Starter
m980
I haven't uploaded any changes yet.. so you will see the changes when I upload it.

00:28:47 (5): put it 1/4 forward, that sounds better. Unless this is not authentic of course!
Breezin would never have 1/4 beats right after eachother in any song except a few..

00:28:96 (1): put it 1/4 fowards and shorten it by 1/4.
What?? ... I don't really understand what you mean.. If i'm doing that I think you want me to do.. then it just sounds weird.. Could you make it abit more clear??

[Breezin']
Okay..

[Cruisin']
01:25:30 (5) - Spacing/hueg jump
The huge jump is actually in the Cruisin..
Got rid of Break

[Sweatin']
Okay, I don't see anything totally off. I can't judge authenticity though, as I don't own/never owned that game.
Also, there are a lot of nasty jumps.
Again.. Huge jumps were basicly a must have in EBA.. There is a link on page 2 for the video of it if you want to check authenticity.
And again.. Removed Break

[HardRock!]
There are a lot of nasty jumps...
Same as Sweatin.. Except that it is Flipped

Nice storyboard by the way!
Thanks.. Even thought it is just backgrounds in the order they are in in the game.

I'll upload whatever else in storyboarding I have.. Soon..

I have the Intro Done.. So.. Hope you enjoy that when it comes.

Edit : Uploaded Cruisin' Introduction.. Enjoy!

Please post all Storyboard Related Comments Here!
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5969

Edit : Storyboarding has Finished! Ranking can Commence!
ash
This is the BEST storyboard ever (next to awp's Long Dream).
ash
it gets a star

I can't give it any more than a star because I cannot check for authenticity (I don't own EBA...)
mtmcl
I see no problems with authenticity. Take a bubble.
James
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.

Download: ClariS - Irony (TV Size) (Hakeru Prismriver) [31's Taiko].osu
abalee
could any BATs set an online offset on this map? i got 1436ms offset :cry:
Cyclone
Online offset +40. Already checked and confirmed by Ephemeral. I think the above post is like 4 off as well.
Trash Boat
the story of this map is very good. ok dude Let's Dance!