forum

Ghost of Tsushima

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Karmine
So I just played the game and I'm really mixed about it.

Gameplay is good (although some bugs are annoying), story is good too, characters are mostly good (fuck Ishikawa), overall the game is really good.

But there's one thing that makes no sense to me:
The story is about making choices and how willing you are to break the samurai code in order to save people. Everything revolves around it, and yet none of the choices you make matter.
You can play as the most respectful samurai or as an actual psychopath and the result is the same.
You can rush the main quests and ignore everything else or you can save everyone, liberate every territory, complete every side quests and the result is the same.
Morality systems in games are not new, they're mostly useless because they're put in games that don't need it but somehow it was decided that a game that's all about morality wouldn't have one. Like the game is practically designed around the system and yet it's not here?
What the fuck?
The only actual choice you can make is right at the end and it just changes a one minute long dialogue, no other consequences even though you get freeplay after that.

The only thing NG+ unlocks is the ability to skip cutscenes, which shouldn't be locked in the first place. Oh and also cosmetics that would take at least 10 hours to get if you want to collect them all.

Did anyone else play it? What did you think about it?
Neigdoig
I've wanted to play it, mainly because the guys behind the game did a good job detailing Japanese history very well (though I still hold a grudge against the conspirators who robbed Tsushima from GOTY in lieu of an inferior game made by a company who really recycled things from that previous title).
Polyspora
cool game