forum

[Archived] osu! isn't installing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Satoko Hojo
Problem details: recently i bought a new pc and i saw that osu simply won't install and the “connect to the internet” warning appears, even though i'm connected to the internet, this has only just appeared, and i simply don't know what i'm going to do to solve it, since i tried taking the internet cable out and putting it in to see if it would work and it didn't, and i even did the same with the internet modem, and nothing happened.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20240330.2
- Marco -
Please post the contents of the update.log file inside the Logs folder (if you haven't changed the install location, the default one is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!)
Topic Starter
Satoko Hojo

- Marco - wrote:

Please post the contents of the update.log file inside the Logs folder (if you haven't changed the install location, the default one is C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!)
its here: https://pastebin.com/46F1uTWt
OmegaAlgo

Satoko Hojo wrote:

- Marco - wrote:

its here: https://pastebin.com/46F1uTWt
hello, have you tried excluding osu! from windows firewall?
and definitely try restarting your router, or make sure to update your net framework version to the latest.
Topic Starter
Satoko Hojo
i'll try the net framework one, because restarting my router and the firewall doesn't work :/

Edit:
the framework was the thing, but yeah, i've got a openGL error that i have some emulators for it but it's sad at all
- Marco -
Make sure you have installed the drivers for the GPU or try updating them
Topic Starter
Satoko Hojo

- Marco - wrote:

Make sure you have installed the drivers for the GPU or try updating them
i've installed all the drivers, simply doesn't open, the older version (2015) is pretty funcionable, but not the stable one