forum

[Archived] Beatmaps appear as slashes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
megaxxx
Problem details:
When I open the game a lot of beatmaps don't appear, then if I press F5 the beatmaps appear with slash names, if I click any of them it is like pressing F5
I tried moving the osu.db file to other folder and after loading the maps it gives me the same problem

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
Blushing
When going into your osu! Folder and making sure hidden files are visible, do you see a ton of osu!.db files?
Topic Starter
megaxxx

Blushing wrote:

When going into your osu! Folder and making sure hidden files are visible, do you see a ton of osu!.db files?
No, I just see 1 osu.db file, there are other hidden files but any of them is named osu.db
PP grind
You need to delete them at least that was the only solution for me the files are broken for the maps and not restorable manually at least not when you not wanna have like 3000h+ to sit on that
Topic Starter
megaxxx
Just found out the solution, running the program as administrator fixed the problem, the game is now loading the maps. Apparently it happened because recently I moved the hard drive to a new pc and didn't have the permissions to read all the contents of the hard drive.
But now I have to run the program as administrator every time.