forum

[Archived] Can't seem to get rid of screen tearing without compromises

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aokii_
Basically I keep getting screen tearing, if I turn on V-sync to try and fix it my game becomes "sluggish" and slow, same thing with 2x refresh rate, like my cursor feels very unresponsive. I have a 165hz monitor so naturally I want to play at that refresh that. My settings are Full screen 1920x1080, OpenGL renderer 4x refresh rate (this seem to be the equilibrium because I get the least amount of screen tearing) Multithreaded with hardware acceleration off, I've tried different combinations but they only worsen the screen tearing. This has been an issue for god knows how long.

My specs are
CPU: i3 10105f
GPU: 1650 lpu
osu is installed on an SSD
osu! version: Lazer 2024.521.2 (latest)
Blushing
Have you attempted to work around with the other renderers in lazer? Do any of them yield good results?

I'm sure you've checked and scoured the internet but just to make sure:

- You have checked to make sure your monitor is definitely set at 165Hz in your GPU settings and in the monitor settings

- If you are running this on a laptop, making sure that your laptop is plugged in, power settings are set to maximum performance, and that it is a stable power connection.

- Read through the performance troubleshooting wiki to see if it helps at all?

Make sure that you have nothing but osu! open and running.

wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting
Utsushime
Hello, 

Can you use the Frame Time Graph feature and tell us if you notice uneven or strange frame spikes when playing (beside the song select menu)? You can access it by using Ctrl + f11 (twice) keybind on Lazer. Share screenrecord, if you could!

To my knowledge, the game doesn't cause screen tearing itself, and I'm guessing the tearing here is partly caused by the high framerdraw. More information is needed before it can be concluded.