forum

[Archived] Doesn't work direct

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Froster23
Problem details:
When i trying download maps in direct, there is just writing initialising and nothing happening. I tried to do tracert bm4.ppy.sh. Help pls, idk what to do with that ;-;

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20240513.1 (latest)
Utsushime
Could you try flushing your DNS? If it doesn't still work, restart your router as well as your PC. If it doesn't solve the issue either, you could try switching to Cutting Edge stream.
Topic Starter
Froster23

Utsushime wrote:

Could you try flushing your DNS? If it doesn't still work, restart your router as well as your PC. If it doesn't solve the issue either, you could try switching to Cutting Edge stream.
I do it everything, direct working with vpn and on gatari, but in bancho doesn't
chromb
any chance that you could be rate limited?
Topic Starter
Froster23

chromb wrote:

What do you mean?
Utsushime

Froster23 wrote:

chromb wrote:

What do you mean?
To restrict the requests an user can make within a time frame. 

Unless I'm getting this incorrectly and if the issue hasn't been resolved already, shutting down your router for some time should do the trick; this would hopefully reset the IP to a different one.

Just to be certain, can you direct download on bancho using a VPN?
Topic Starter
Froster23

Utsushime wrote:

Froster23 wrote:

chromb wrote:

What do you mean?
To restrict the requests an user can make within a time frame. 

Unless I'm getting this incorrectly and if the issue hasn't been resolved already, shutting down your router for some time should do the trick; this would hopefully reset the IP to a different one.

Just to be certain, can you direct download on bancho using a VPN?
My ip is static, it can't to change, and i can download maps with vpn on bancho
Utsushime
I see. You probably need to wait some time before you are removed from being rate-limited. The support team may or may not be helpful; I don't know. 
Topic Starter
Froster23
:/
I must just wait or what ;-;
Blushing
try again and see if it works out? worst case scenario we check some other alternatives or other issues that can arise.
Topic Starter
Froster23
It doesn't work
Blushing
Does downloading from the website yield the same issue or is it strictly just osu!direct?

Did you 100% flush your DNS correctly?
Topic Starter
Froster23
This problem only with direct, website does working well. I used other dns, but none of them earned.
PP grind

Froster23 wrote:

This problem only with direct, website does working well. I used other dns, but none of them earned.
there is probably some type of connection error between your client and the bancho server my try to use Google DNS IDK what to do TBH I never heard of it also did you tried to just wait a bit lit I could be that it's super slow connection
Topic Starter
Froster23
Initialisation error remains until the map disappears from the direct. I used different dns and everything same problem
Topic Starter
Froster23
My direct is working now. Idk how, but it does work now
Utsushime

Froster23 wrote:

My direct is working now. Idk how, but it does work now
Good for you!