forum

[Archived] Gaomon Tablet Issue Linux Mint

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mostbrainwhyyes
Problem details: Linux thinks Gaomon pen is a keyboard/How Do I install Gaomon tablet n pen on Linux Mint?
The width is 2x as wide because I have 2 monitors in use and the assigning a different screen only worked when it thought it was a mouse. But its value changed and it thinks its a keyboard now, and its refusing to let me assign it to a monitor. I tried PlayOnLinux and it said I needed runtime 2.0. I tried Gaomon driver but, its not installing/idk how to install it, my 'driver' bundle is NVIDIA so youtube vids aren't being helpful. And Linux discord/forum are not a help.

Edit: If I extract the file the Readme pdf doesnt show up, and the readme pdf install method doesn't even work. So, idk what the issue is as extracting it shows different files entirely. Maybe it thinks its installed so I need to put it into a directory or something?

Edit 2: I used a different USB port and the old method of remapping to 1 monitor worked again but idk if I can keep doing this or if it'll fail later like it has before, but its fine for now.
Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20240102.2
Utsushime
Hello,

Basic drivers and tablet support are already built into the kernel, so it is odd that you have to install proprietary drivers for them. A quick search reveals somewhat a similar issue; you may try to follow it and see if it works for you. Make sure to replace the MatchUSBID.

However, for osu, it may be better to install OpenTabletDrivers. The install process is a bit of work, but it is well documented, and they may be more helpful in matters relating to tablets.