forum

[Archived] Can't get OpenTablet driver to work

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TobiGH3
Hey!
So, I just wanted to play some osu after a long break, but sadly, it seems like some windows settings won't let the OpenTablet driver do its job.
My tablet is only working in full area and is using both of my screens atm. so it's completely unusable.
I also uninstalled the OpenTablet driver momentarily, and the tablet is still doing the same
I even see the ripple around the cursor when I click somewhere, so I'm quite sure this is coming from Windows directly. Sadly, I don't know where to uninstall any potential drivers.
Any settings I do in the opentablet driver do not apply at all due to this reason.

If anyone has an idea, I would greatly appreciate any help, thank you!

Best regards
Utsushime
Heya, 

Does the tablet still work after uninstalling or deleting OpenTabletDriver? In that case, there may already be a proprietary driver installed on your computer. Please open the device manager (just type in the word in the taskbar search), and there should be a bunch of devices and peripherals listed. Click on View, and select Show hidden devices. Find the relevant tablet driver.From here, you can directly uninstall it by following this guide.
Please note that you have to open OpenTabletDriver every time you play osu or otherwise it wouldn't work.

Nevertheless, I don't know enough about your issue to properly troubleshoot your system. They have an official OpenTabletDriver Discord server; please think about joining it if the problem persists; they may be more helpful.

Edit: From your profile, I see you are using a Wacom tablet. This guide may be more helpful.
Topic Starter
TobiGH3
Hey, thanks for your help!

Yes, it seems like there was a Windows driver interfering with OTD.
I was able to install the Wacom driver - which worked. Then, I uninstalled it, and then Open Tablet Driver worked in its place. Kinda odd, but at least it is working now. :)
Thank again for your suggestions!
Utsushime
Glad to help. There is a .bat file I used to use to temporarily disable Wacom drivers when I was still using Windows, so the glitchy cursor thing was a relatable sight when I forgot to do it.