forum

First time mapper

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shushhs
Hello! I just started mapping 2 days ago, and I'm quite proud of what I made.
( beatmapsets/2180675#osu/4606514 )
I've managed to make a jump level, and then made an Easy mode today because some of my friends couldn't beat it.

I was wondering if anyone could give it a go cause I don't know where to ask. It's a 4 star, so it should hopefully be easy.

I plan on making an even harder version later on, but first I need to know how to actually learn mapping patterns lol

If you do play it, you can leave your thoughts in the comments or on here ^^
MrRainbowDoge
Hello

First of all, make sure the offset is at the correct place. You can go look at the bottom right side and there would be a Playback rate, set it to 25%. and then adjust the offset at what you think it is the correct place then switch back to 100%. for this one it is somewhere around 615

Secondly, the "Easy" version you made isn't exactly easy. it is more of a "Hard" mode

0.0 - 1.99 stars: "Easy" Mode
2.0 - 2.79 stars: "Normal" Mode
2.8 - 3.99 stars: "Hard" Mode
4.0 - 5.19 stars: "Insane" Mode
5.2+ stars: "Expert" or "Extra" Mode

for any top difficulties would mostly be a custom name.

I hope this comment helps
McEndu
Also send requests for comments to improve your map ("modding") in the modding queue forum -- don't make a new thread, reply under existing threads instead! Modding will help you a lot if you are aiming for the ranked section, and even if not you can improve your mapping skills by reading and thinking about them.
Peni

MrRainbowDoge wrote:

First of all, make sure the offset is at the correct place. You can go look at the bottom right side and there would be a Playback rate, set it to 25%. and then adjust the offset at what you think it is the correct place then switch back to 100%. for this one it is somewhere around 615
yeah, although the bigger problem is the bpm. it should be 129 instead of 130.

MrRainbowDoge wrote:

Secondly, the "Easy" version you made isn't exactly easy. it is more of a "Hard" mode

true that the "Easy" diff is not actually an easy diff, but what difficulty level a map is classified as doesn't solely depend on star rating. it's also about the types of rhythms used, spacing variation, etc.

McEndu wrote:

Also send requests for comments to improve your map ("modding") in the modding queue forum -- don't make a new thread, reply under existing threads instead! Modding will help you a lot if you are aiming for the ranked section, and even if not you can improve your mapping skills by reading and thinking about them.
also this ^
Topic Starter
Shushhs
I'll be taking all of this into account, thank you and sorry.

MrRainbowDoge wrote:

Hello

I hope this comment helps
Edit 1: Sorry, I still don't quite get what "offset" is.

Edit 2: I've just switched the BPM back to 129 from 130, and set the offset to 615 like you said, and I'm surprised by how much better it sounds. I'm genuinely shocked. How did you manage to find the actual offset? I'm still stupid when it comes to actually knowing the BPM of a song, so I don't know if it was really easy or not.

Also, regarding the Easy mode, I'll change it to "Hard" and try to actually make an easy version. Thank you!