forum

my acc keeps going down what do i do to fix it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
syIass
Heya I'm a fairly new osu! player started around last month, I kept a decent acc for around a week or two. But now all my acc does is just go down :/ if someone could help me understand how to see what I need to fix I'd appreciate it lots.
Wimpy Cursed
Are you talking about accuracy on specific plays or overall accuracy displayed on your account?
Voidedosu

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

Are you talking about accuracy on specific plays or overall accuracy displayed on your account?
simple answer to the former: play more to git gud.

Simple answer to the latter: make more SS's.

Slightly more nuanced answer to the latter (the former needs little extra): Your profile accuracy is a weighted (IIRC) total of all your top plays, either weighted the exact same as your pp from top play or similar enough that you can kinda talk about either in that regard. If you want that to look better, you either need to submit plays that consistently have acc at or above your goal or you need to improve the top plays you already have with better acc, ideally all the way up to all SS's so you can have 100%
NissingMo
As a newer player… you have more important things to worry about than accuracy. I would recommend playing a wide variety of maps per play session.

You can start from a low star rating (let’s say 2*) and work up to a higher star rating over the course of 15-20 maps (let’s say 2.5*). At the end of your session you can go back to some lower rated maps and you may be warm enough to comfortably play where you started warming up.

You want to introduce progressive overload into your practice routine to find and push your limits. As long as you take your improvement seriously, the accuracy will improve alongside your other skills.
Topic Starter
syIass

NissingMo wrote:

As a newer player… you have more important things to worry about than accuracy. I would recommend playing a wide variety of maps per play session.

You can start from a low star rating (let’s say 2*) and work up to a higher star rating over the course of 15-20 maps (let’s say 2.5*). At the end of your session you can go back to some lower rated maps and you may be warm enough to comfortably play where you started warming up.

You want to introduce progressive overload into your practice routine to find and push your limits. As long as you take your improvement seriously, the accuracy will improve alongside your other skills.
alrighty thank u!