forum

Returning after a few years of inactivity.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
Recently want to pick up osu again, my last most active time was 6 years ago, and I want to play osu again for no reason, I'm using a mechanical keyboard RK H81 sky cyan switches and a razer basilisk v3, and I am having trouble using my old pen tablet which is a xp pen star g430s, it feels almost there is huge amount of delay or input lag.

What has changed among the years that I should know? should I use stable or lazer release? considering that they offer the same performance on my machine but I really prefer lazer for it's more cleaner and futuristic UI.

Also any solid pen tablet recommendations? one that doesn't have alot of input lag, good grip, and doesn't break the bank.
Ymir
Welcome back! I use the Wacom CTL-4100 and it has served me pretty well. You can play either stable or lazer, most opt for stable at the moment, but I believe lazer score submission works now. As for your delay issues, my guess is that it could be your driver; check if you're using the right one (hawku/OpenTabletDriver) and check for any smoothing settings or faults there.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Ymir wrote:

Welcome back! I use the Wacom CTL-4100 and it has served me pretty well. You can play either stable or lazer, most opt for stable at the moment, but I believe lazer score submission works now. As for your delay issues, my guess is that it could be your driver; check if you're using the right one (hawku/OpenTabletDriver) and check for any smoothing settings or faults there.
How long has your wacom ctl-4100 served you? and yes I am using the correct drivers for my xp pen g430s, but I downloaded the driver with the "osu" at the end.
Ymir
I got my CTL-4100 in early 2021, and it still works fine now. A bit of scratches here and there due to my own misuse, however the performance and all is still the same.
yellowbadbeast
Not a tablet recommendation, but I also use the Star G430s. My workaround for the delay was to install the Reconstructor plugin on OpenTabletDriver alongside one of the anti-chatter plugins to combat the added chatter from the Reconstructor. With a Reconstructor setting of 0.15, there's a decent balance between responsiveness and chatter.

As for lazer vs stable, the main drawback to lazer is its stability. You will experience bugs, glitches, and crashes. Other than that, though, I agree that lazer is better than stable in many ways.