forum

[resolved] BSS (Beatmap Submission System) crashes when trying to upload a beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tenexxt
After opening BSS everything seems normal and works correctly, but when I go past the section with the links (the ones to view the criteria and other stuff) it just freezes and my osu! crashes. I took a screenshot but:
1-idk how to put it here.
2-its just my game freezed up and later crashing so i doubt i would help with anything.
I tried waiting but after like 15 minutes nothing happened, and there weren't any signs of progress. I made the map in osu!lazer, because from what i read, the uploading options isnt yet in lazer and i didnt see it anywhere too so I exported the beatmap to a .osz file and put it in stable, so i can upload it, but as already said, it kinda refuses to do so. I doubt its a Hardware proble, since my pc handles other games (+ osu! up to this point) without any problems, but my main disc doesent have much free space, so that may be the problem.
In case that matters, I use Windows 11 Home.
MusicRitman
You can place a picture by uploading it to any site, and then using the image button below text area wiki/en/BBCode#images.
Jason X
Since you mention it crashes your game, I'd suggest a different approach than using screenshots.
In order to determine the cause of your crash we would need you to:
  1. Check the Event Viewer.
  2. Upload your logs and share them with us.
Read the following wiki entry regarding both of the mentioned: wiki/en/Help_centre#diagnostics

Further, it could be possible that your map is causing the crash.
To determine if that is the reason you can:
  1. Try to upload a different map of yours.
  2. Upload your latest map externally and share it here, so we can check if there's a problem inside that is causing that problem.
Regarding the upload of files, I suggest using an upload service. If you're using gmail you also got access to Google Drive, which can be used for that purpose.
Topic Starter
Tenexxt
I changed the osu! version and have everything that was asked for ready: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_des_XnUloaVGaR_kbkDtzU7qz8GLiYo/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TimYmNpYcyWly1O7BRznmkEBTTazcX5M?usp=drive_link(sorry if the links doesn't work, first time using Gdrive), but i dont think it will be needed anymore. after edyting the beatmap more, i wanted to upload it to gdrive... then it said that it would take over 3 hours, so i immediately checked the file size.
Its over 200mb -_-. I dont know how to reduce its file size at all, since it doesen't even have a video, so any sugestions would be appreciated.
Jason X
Content from Event viewer + your maps size, the map might be the cause of the issue.

You say it doesn't have a video, so there is no way it shouldn't be anywhere close to 200mb.
That is unless you've used a very long song (lets say 60 minutes), multiple song files, or a metric ton of hitsounds, but even then 200mb is a lot.

I don't wanna make you upload the whole map (yet), so here's what we're gonna do:
I need you to make a screenshot of the maps folder and upload it.
  1. Enter the map in the in-game editor (Stable, Beta or Cutting Edge).
  2. Press File > Open Songs Folder.
  3. Make a screenshot of the whole folder and it's content.
  4. Upload that screenshot to google drive.
Since you're using Windows that means that you got Snipping tool pre-installed, you can use that to make a screenshot of the folder, then save that screenshot to your desktop in order to be able to upload it.
For the screenshot I'd like you to make sure that Filetype and Filesize are visible in the folder.

I hope we can find the issue that way, and get around you uploading the map to google drive for further inspection.
Once I know what#s in the folder, I can tell you how/what to reduce
Topic Starter
Tenexxt
Ok, so i opened the folder and found multiple files that i used before but later changed them... but I forgot to throw them out apparently so they just stayed there like junk. I checked after
throwing them out, and everything works correctly. I hope I didnt take you too much time with my mistake, and Im very thankful for your help.