forum

Music Producers of osu!, What's Your Genre of Choice?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Neigdoig
This might be interesting to see who produces what genre, whether it be extremely well known, or something niche.

I will start with a couple genres, which are jazz and bossa nova, though I do bossa nova more. I primarily work on Touhou-style music, but make it bossa nova too, since I love those two styles together. Yes, this is avant-garde in the Touhou community, but I thought I'd take a crack at it.

If you want to get real fancy, you can also post the DAW you use. For me, I use Ardour (since I happened to use Linux, of course I'll use something Libre).

Here's my album of it for those unaware:
MrMcMikey22
I mostly create chiptune beats using something like Bosca Ceoil or Jummbox...
MistressRemilia
I mostly bounce between dark ambient, progressive trance/goa trance kinda like you'd find in the late 90s to mid 2000s, and EBM/Industrial stuff. I don't really stick hard and fast to any particular genre, though. Lately I've wanted to get more into retrowave and chiptune stuff, especially using chips like the YM2151 and the PC Engine's chip. Just gotta sit down and actually do it ^_^;

Renoise is my DAW of choice these days since I like the tracker-style interface and it runs mostly fine in Wine, plus SoX and some custom tools for the final mastering. I used to use Sonar 8.5 back when I used Winblows, though. Deflemask will probably be the DAW I use when I finally get around to doing chip stuff, then rendering them with my own Benben program since it has some extra features.

Listen to my stuff here.

Neigdoig wrote:

Here's my album of it for those unaware:
Dang, this is nice! Very chill and relaxing. Totally going into my normal listening rotations.
Topic Starter
Neigdoig

MistressRemilia wrote:

Lately I've wanted to get more into retrowave and chiptune stuff, especially using chips like the YM2151 and the PC Engine's chip.
I'd imagine you'd want to do Touhou-style, at least PC-98 style. I wasn't expecting PC Engine, though.
B0ii
breakcore or whatever sounds good idk
nominomu
any electronic genre pretty much, i dont really stick to one genre