forum

[Archived] [solved] Skins not loading in osu! at all

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vulpiaa
I've tried this with a few 4k mania skins that I nabbed online but to no avail. Tried to cut 'n paste the .osk file into the Skins folder, and when I restart osu! it doesn't appear. Tried this with like two or three 4k arrow skins already.

^ if you do have any neat 4k arrow skins though please link them here i've been looking for a few to add to my collection for funsies
[clouds]
the .osk doesn't belong in the skin folder if that's what you're doing. if you can't open it maybe try dragging it into your osu! window.
Topic Starter
vulpiaa
ah, i'll see. i'll try that when i have the time

yeah i tried dragging the .osk file into the window but it doesn't do anything. doesn't let me drag into it at all.
MusicRitman
Try opening .osk file with osu! by right-clicking and choosing the app to open with.
Topic Starter
vulpiaa

MusicRitman wrote:

Try opening .osk file with osu! by right-clicking and choosing the app to open with.
Tried this with a few of my current .osk skins, which didn't work. However, I tried downloading and inserting a random .osk 4k mania skin, which ended up working perfectly when I dragged it into the osu! window. I suppose that the .osk files that I had previously before downloading the new ones simply chose to not work for some reason? Not entirely sure, but now I have some skins that properly work. Thank you anyways!