forum

[Proposal] BN Activity Requirements

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hugged
This post is to make a formal proposal from the discussion around this post suggesting alternate BN activity requirements to the one proposed in the Mapping Ecosystem Changes - BN Ecosystem thread. This is being put in a separate post as to be applied in the next cycle of changes.

The original proposal had an exploit where a BN could alternate between 2 and 0 nominations each month and be fine, averaging out to an effective 1 nom/month minimum activity. This proposal aims to patch that loophole while applying a similar standard of activity as the current system.

==========================================

I am proposing:
  1. EVERY MONTH, the BN's activity for the previous THREE MONTHS is checked automatically.
  2. If a check falls below 6 NOMINATIONS, the BN receives an automated activity warning telling them how many nominations they need for next month's check to reach 6.
  3. If two consecutive activity checks fall below 6 nominations, the BN is removed for inactivity (pending review by NAT incase of extenuating circumstances).
  4. There are NO ACTIVITY CHECKS for the FIRST TWO MONTHS when a BN (new or returning) joins the BNG.
For hybrid BNs:
  1. The BN receives a warning if a check falls below 9 NOMINATIONS.
  2. The BN receives a warning if a check has less than 3 NOMINATIONS IN ANY PROFICIENT GAMEMODE
  3. Automated warning messages tell the BN how many nominations they need to reach 9 before the next check, and/or, if applicable, how many nominations needed in each proficient gamemode.

For example:

Month            | 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10
-----------------|------------------------------
Nominations      | 10 1  1  2  3  10 1  1  1  2
                 |
3-Month Activity | __ __ 12 4  6  15 14 12 3  4
                            ^              ^  ^
                            warn        warn  removal

Following the first warning, the BN receives a message saying they need 3 more nominations before the next check to avoid removal.

Following the second warning, the BN receives a message saying they need 4 more nominations before the next check to avoid removal.

To quote myself from the original post, this would make it so that the BN is granted some leniency in the following months if they had a month of high activity, but also cannot exploit the system by nominating extremely minimally in a specific pattern.
Stompy_
Seems like a good thing to add and would encourage BNs to nominate maps.

+1 from me
Drum-Hitnormal
nice
Niks
Sounds like a good idea
-Hitomi
+1
momoyo

Hugged wrote:

If a check falls below 6 NOMINATIONS, the BN receives an automated activity warning telling them how many nominations they need for next month's check to reach 6.
I hope I didn't misunderstand this part but I kinda disagree with this being auto eval, since basically a BN could be dealing with some circumstances that led to low activity and if this is automated they'd get warned anyway.
Sure, they wouldn't get kicked since the NAT would be tasked to check the situation but it'd basically be a warning for something the BNs can excuse themselves with.

What I would suggest instead for this is that the BN would be getting automatically evaled HOWEVER before returning the evaluation to the nominator the NAT would've to check if there's any "extenuating circumstances" going on before.
And if so, perhaps instead of warning for activity it'd be better to encourage the BN to resign if they are in good terms to.

+1 to the rest I guess
Decku
+1
KennethBBG
Hi, I think it's a nice idea overall. I have one question tho,

If I understand the proposal correctly, under the new system, is BN allowed to have 6-0-0-6-0-0... activity and still not get warned? Since there will be 6 map in the last three months for every monthly checking.

If yes, I think it is really good implementation since it gives flexibility to bns(especially for those who work full time/ have heavy irl burden) while not harming overall activity or encouraging others to exploit the system in another way.
Topic Starter
Hugged

KennethBBG wrote:

Hi, I think it's a nice idea overall. I have one question tho,

If I understand the proposal correctly, under the new system, is BN allowed to have 6-0-0-6-0-0... activity and still not get warned? Since there will be 6 map in the last three months for every monthly checking.

If yes, I think it is really good implementation since it gives flexibility to bns(especially for those who work full time/ have heavy irl burden) while not harming overall activity or encouraging others to exploit the system in another way.
Yes, you understand correctly, 6-0-0-6-0-0 would be fine under the proposed system as it is in the current one!

momoyo wrote:

I hope I didn't misunderstand this part but I kinda disagree with this being auto eval...
Perhaps it may be appropriate to have an automatic warning, but within the warning, tell the BN to talk to NAT if they have extenuating circumstances? If so the warning may be removed. The purpose of automation is to remove the hassle of NAT needing to check in with BNs who may be falling behind.
momoyo

Hugged wrote:

Perhaps it may be appropriate to have an automatic warning, but within the warning, tell the BN to talk to NAT if they have extenuating circumstances? If so the warning may be removed. The purpose of automation is to remove the hassle of NAT needing to check in with BNs who may be falling behind.
Well if that's the case my idea would be the best instead of having the BN explain themselves after getting the warning the eval can still be automated but not returned until a NAT checks if the BN in question had posted anything explaining the situation in #absence-notices. I support both of these though.
Ryxliee
+1

But not sure it's a good idea to increase the limit for hybrid BNs though, they still do the same job as a single mod BNs but have to pay more time to reach the minimum activity limit

Maybe would be better just separate 6 noms between mods (like 3 noms for 2mod BN and 2 noms for 3mod BN)