forum

Is playing with a tablet better than mouse?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
memuli
I'm a new player and been playing couple games with mouse but I also have a tablet that I bought for drawing. Should I switch to tablet as a new player? Also my tablet model is Wacom CTL-472-N is it good for osu? Thanks in advance.
Lyawi
Just try it out. It's all just preference :)
BlueChinchompa
Most people use tablet, but just use whatever you are most comfortable with.
Storemy
I suggest to use a tablet for a month or so. It's cheaper than a good mouse, pen is lighter and absolute positioning doesn't have a mouse drift issue. Also you have a one of the best models for osu so def try it. Some people find tablet just better for osu and most of the top players use tablets.

Anyway final decision is up to you because it's a matter of preference. Personally, I am on the tablet side of the community, but your opinion might be different.

PS. Do not forget to install OpenTabletDriver drivers for tablet. Wacom drivers have a bit of latency and aren't as flexible.
Naiad
Most people do prefer to use tablet and improve slightly faster with it. A sizeable minority find mouse to be preferable, though, so try both.
NissingMo
I personally like the feel of mouse, but as for most things it comes down to personal preference.