forum

had an interesting idea on converting from 4k -> 7k

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ender74
hey fellas, first forum post so that's pretty neat.

anyways, wanted to ask if playing 6k to go from 4k to 7k seems like a good idea or nah.

ive been playing a bit more 6k as of late (due to frustrations with 7k AND 4k lol), and usually after doing 6k I do 7k, and it seems like it helps. idk im just experimenting, what do you guys think of this? general pros and cons help, or any input for that matter lol.

-ender74
Stickman92
It can help, but you'll learn 7k quickest by doing 7k. Afterall, you still gotta learn the thumb.
A tip for learning 7k is to NOT compare it with 4k and treat it like a different gamemode. It makes learning 7k alot less frustrating. Thats what i learnt by doing 10k for a few weeks, quite fun.
UltraBlack
Play 7k for 7k but also play yhe other keymodes. Playing 4k and 6k and then 7k will help you to warm up which is not that easy on 7k even more on lower levels. Since 6k is more similar to 4k, maps are usually faster than 7k on lower star rating and you can react better to them.
xch00F
it will definitely help w/ reading and bracketing to a certain extent, asymmetry is an intrinsic part of 7k tho and assuming you're playing standard spread where you hit the center column with the space bar, you will run into issues that you will not be able to overcome without just playing 7k
ps if you look at my osumania stats on this account you won't find anything, I'm speaking from my personal experience of playing 4k and 6k in stepmania/etterna and using that to springboard off into playing bms on kb. haven't played kb bms in a very long time but I made it to 10th dan before I stopped playing
pizzaboy
It can make it feel more comfortable but like every other comment I reccomend just skipping to 7k but here's the funny part I find that it's actually reversed learning 7k significantly boosts my 4k and 6k skills but not vice versa so I reccomend just going to 7k and getting 7 birds with one keyboard