forum

[Archived] EXTREMELY slow osu map download speed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rematyar

This picture explains itself. It goes to 100 KB/s if I'm lucky. Downloaded everything else that isn't beatmaps fine.

IDM is slightly faster... I guess...
Topic Starter
rematyar
No fixes yet? Using vpn does work, but I don't usually download beatmaps in bulks (barely any maps available anyway) so it's kind of annoying to turn on vpn, download a single map, disabling it, and repeat
Blushing
Hi 👋 rema!

Is your ISP currently doing maintenance or experiencing down time throughout your region?

Is there difference from downloading beatmaps from a mirror vs osu-web?
Topic Starter
rematyar
Not that I'm aware of. I tried downloading a bigger file from Google drive, I still got the same download speed as usual.

Someone told me that this is because of the osu server is dying in my region and told me the temporary fix is to use vpn.

Blushing wrote:

Is there difference from downloading beatmaps from a mirror vs osu-web?
Mirror downloads is slightly slower, but never failed to download. Osu-web is just a little faster, but usually stops halfway
Blushing
It could potentially cloudfare servers and the beatmap hosting servers were doing maintenance in the area and still are, im not entirely sure.
Topic Starter
rematyar
This is a waiting game then...
Saiko No Gema
Hello, i am exxperiencing this issue too, but i am not limited to downloading beatmap, multi is unplayable and logging in (automatically) took 30 seconds where it usually instant.
Maoouu
Hi, I'm currently getting 20-30kb/s speeds on my downloads as well.
Topic Starter
rematyar
Bump, it's been almost two weeks now. Is there no fixes at all?
BlueChinchompa
I guess you can try using beatconnect or https://chimu.moe/ but other than that I have no idea thats very weird
Topic Starter
rematyar

BlueChinchompa wrote:

I guess you can try using beatconnect or https://chimu.moe/ but other than that I have no idea thats very weird
Beatconnect is as slow as the osu web, and chimu just straight up doesn't work. (ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED)
Topic Starter
rematyar
Still no solution for this?
Blushing
This seems to be regional and not from an osu! standpoint. It might do you good to check out beatmap packs or already compiled lists of beatmaps that you can download off of osu! servers.

You can try contacting your ISP to see if they are putting a download limit from osu! and its subsidiaries.

Not sure what else to do because it is something within the region, the ISP, or something out of osu!'s control.
Topic Starter
rematyar
I see, what a shame :sob: