forum

I want to post an mp3 to my profile, but sadly not working!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Parannoul
https://chunkychoilabs.s-ul.eu/HmLJChvr.mp3 this is the mp3 i want to post, the song is Weather Report - Fishmans. the link works, but then embedding it, the button doesnt work. it 'plays' for quarter of a second, then stops. after that, you cant press it again unless you refresh.

This isnt just an s-ul issue. for me so far its been; soundcloud, discord, mega, dropbox, google drive, youtube music, s-ul. None of them embed correctly. I have also tried just a 4 minute song those ways, still nothing. it shouldnt exceed the data limit, which i believe is 100mb. The audio used is 11.9mb. I wish to have this audio working on the profile.
Leviathan
that's because your mp3 is like 8 minutes long!!
try cutting it to below like 3 minutes, had this issue before and cutting it worked for me. im not sure why osu has this restriction but its probably like some copyright thing (doesnt sound like it makes sense but id assume copyrighted media is harder to take down in bios/forum posts) or it could be an extra file size limit put for audio files
Topic Starter
Parannoul

Leviathan wrote:

that's because your mp3 is like 8 minutes long!!
try cutting it to below like 3 minutes, had this issue before and cutting it worked for me. im not sure why osu has this restriction but its probably like some copyright thing (doesnt sound like it makes sense but id assume copyrighted media is harder to take down in bios/forum posts) or it could be an extra file size limit put for audio files
thats so unfortunate. though does it have a size limit to it aswell? i heard it was 100mb but not even FLAC files could reach that in only 3 minutes or less.
clayton
there is no audio length limit, only file size. the limit is not stated anywhere but you can probably figure it out by trying progressively smaller files