forum

[Archived] New update causes stutters

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
effulgence
Problem details:

ive never had any stutters happen to me up until this update... for clarification with the video, the game was already having random stutters before i started recording, so OBS shouldn't be the problem

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697299807345180672/1232979416049651723/lagspike.mp4?ex=662b6d10&is=662a1b90&hm=3f394ea00085e675b5a50bf829101bfa41352ed4a041e22a7a5544b18d5415a2&

osu! version: Stable 20240425.2 (latest)
[clouds]
try checking out the performance wiki and see if that helps.
wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting
Topic Starter
effulgence

[clouds] wrote:

try checking out the performance wiki and see if that helps.
wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting
yeah, as i said it hasnt happened until this update
heres more people backing it

https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/1ccn74l/new_update/
Domco
Thanks for the report, can you tell us when exactly did this start? You say last update, does that mean just 2 days ago it worked okay? More specifically, do you think it was caused by this update: home/changelog/stable40/20240423.2 or this update: home/changelog/stable40/20240425.2
Topic Starter
effulgence

Domco wrote:

Thanks for the report, can you tell us when exactly did this start? You say last update, does that mean just 2 days ago it worked okay? More specifically, do you think it was caused by this update: home/changelog/stable40/20240423.2 or this update: home/changelog/stable40/20240425.2
thanks for the response, to be honest i can not guarantee which update it was in particular. But if i had to guess, it was most likely home/changelog/stable40/20240425.2
Domco
Well there were no changes in the last update that could cause performance issues, so that is quite weird. Maybe Windows rolled out some update in the last day or two?
Topic Starter
effulgence

Domco wrote:

Well there were no changes in the last update that could cause performance issues, so that is quite weird. Maybe Windows rolled out some update in the last day or two?
The last update to windows on my computer was on the 14th of this month, so I don't think it would be windows
Domco
What about overlays, do you have Discord overlay disabled?
Topic Starter
effulgence

Domco wrote:

What about overlays, do you have Discord overlay disabled?
nope no overlays at all
Domco
Hard to say then. Is there a pattern to it? Is it random or consistently every x seconds?
Topic Starter
effulgence
no real pattern tbh. but i can say it happens at least once every 2 or so minutes
Domco
If you have NVIDIA graphics card try disabling game overlay in GeForce Experience and let me know if it helped.
Topic Starter
effulgence
updated my drivers via nvidia, probably should have been the first thing i thought of
VERY SORRY about this
thank you for the help though :)