forum

[Archived] osu!updater keeps saying "An error occurred! Please check your internet connection."

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PencilGaming
The osu! updater continuously keeps saying "An error occurred! Please check your internet connection." I've reset my router, and I've tried a VPN- nothing works.

Here are the logs.
https://pastebin.com/hxJWhyC5

osu! version: Stable 20240411.1
Blushing
If you go to your browser and type in m1.ppy.sh what do you see?

similarly if you go to the terminal on your computer and type ping m1.ppy.sh does it yield anything?

Are you using a specific antivirus?

When did this start happening?
Domco
Upgrade .NET framework to 4.7 or 4.8
Topic Starter
PencilGaming

Domco wrote:

Upgrade .NET framework to 4.7 or 4.8
I already have .NET framework 4.8.

Blushing wrote:

If you go to your browser and type in m1.ppy.sh what do you see?

similarly if you go to the terminal on your computer and type ping m1.ppy.sh does it yield anything?

Are you using a specific antivirus?

When did this start happening?
Brower says "osu! update mirror".

Terminal gives me something.

No, no specific antiviruses.

This started happening two days ago.
r0x1
yes same thing happening to me, im on my boyfriends acc. idk whats happening i cant even log in my own profile, osu doesnt even starts.
Blushing

r0x1 wrote:

yes same thing happening to me, im on my boyfriends acc. idk whats happening i cant even log in my own profile, osu doesnt even starts.
1. sharing accounts is against the rules, please dont do this going forward. If you are unable to log into your account please email support@ppy.sh from the email associated with the account and theyll try and help out.

2. If osu! doesnt even start or doesnt show the updating screen then you, on your own account, will need to make a new thread posting the logs and other details as it might be a different issue than this one.