forum

I just feel like 6-digit rank is too low for me

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
happycat_0708
Despite my ranking being 6-digit, I feel like this is equivalent to a 7-digit rank in other game modes. I just play osu!catch for fun, mostly because it is the easiest for me to play ever since I've joined (I started on osu!lazer mobile, yet I still play on it until now). Yes, I do have VERY SLOWWWWWWW pacing because some people who have started early then have a 5-digit ranking later on. I do NOT like being a hyper-competitive player because this already happened to me in other games, not only on osu!. I believe it would kill all of the fun and refuse to play again.

Talking about the osu!catch rankings, I am NOT envious of others' skills just because they have a higher rank than me (country ranking, if they are in the same country as mine, or both).

Again, the reason for me to play osu!catch is for fun and some music trip, blahblah and not to push myself too hard from it.

I've been finding ways to improve, but I'll just accept that I'm at a slow pace and it will take me years to increase my own rank.

I should've posted this on osu! subforum instead, anyway this is focused on ctb lolz
And sorry if I was too repetitive on what I've said here.
Nikolai
being 6 digits in ctb is WILD
SDx
Just spend more time for game…
aterrnos
You should start playing actual catch maps. Their difficulties are Cup, Salad, Platter, Rain, and Overdose. Once you feel comfortable with Platter and Rain, try playing Cup and Salad with Double Time (DT). Trust me, I haven't played for long and I'm not really that good, but I think you should just embrace the common meme "play a little more" and don't get too discouraged about your rank if you just want to have fun. Because rank will come naturally if it's fun. Don't farm for rank; you'll hit a skill block. Hopefully, this helps.
ShiroHanaSaki
try to use shift to get 2x speed
and u need to fc these maps
DesoLaTiON
just play more before you hit 100h playtime
ShiroHanaSaki

DesoLaTiON wrote:

i just wonder what kinds of maps need to practise
Zqian-LT

DesoLaTiON wrote:

That's it, I know.
bxndaries

happycat_0708 wrote:

Despite my ranking being 6-digit, I feel like this is equivalent to a 7-digit rank in other game modes. I just play osu!catch for fun, mostly because it is the easiest for me to play ever since I've joined (I started on osu!lazer mobile, yet I still play on it until now). Yes, I do have VERY SLOWWWWWWW pacing because some people who have started early then have a 5-digit ranking later on. I do NOT like being a hyper-competitive player because this already happened to me in other games, not only on osu!. I believe it would kill all of the fun and refuse to play again.

Talking about the osu!catch rankings, I am NOT envious of others' skills just because they have a higher rank than me (country ranking, if they are in the same country as mine, or both).

Again, the reason for me to play osu!catch is for fun and some music trip, blahblah and not to push myself too hard from it.

I've been finding ways to improve, but I'll just accept that I'm at a slow pace and it will take me years to increase my own rank.

I should've posted this on osu! subforum instead, anyway this is focused on ctb lolz
And sorry if I was too repetitive on what I've said here.
6 dig with 4 hours is kinda wild... I guess since you aren't really trying to improve it doesn't really matter... But mainly focus on Cup and then Salad, then if you really want rank or pp do a bit of ez+dt
Rockxer
I guess you are doing it right, in my early days I played salad with hr hd fl, maybe it will help you. 6 digits in ctb is a bit high, it didn't even take me 4 hours to reach 5 digits. Still, good luck.
Edgar_Figaro
I don't get the purpose of this post. Basically you are coming on here to tell everyone that you aren't going to push yourself and just have fun? Usually people come to the forums either to share information or to ask questions and this is really neither.
Kasen-

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

I don't get the purpose of this post. Basically you are coming on here to tell everyone that you aren't going to push yourself and just have fun? Usually people come to the forums either to share information or to ask questions and this is really neither.
LMAO xD