forum

Gameplay mod ranking charts

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Lybydose
These would work similar to how the monthly ranking charts work, except that I gain points on the "Double Time Chart" whenever I complete a map with Double Time enabled. As usual, it would only take the highest "Double Time" score I achieved per map set for ranked score, while accuracy/play count/etc would count all difficulties. The same would be true of "Hidden" and "Flashlight" for their own charts (Hard Rock is too similar to normal play and probably shouldn't have a chart).

Completing a map with two mods would contribute points to both charts.
anonymous_old
Sounds pretty cool, though I don't use mods much.
Gopice
I also thought of something like this, but more like a filter on the current existing ranking charts (say map charts or monthly overall) where people could choose mods to filter using a drop-down box or multiple check boxes.
I could imagine that some players would want to see the highest non-mod score too. ;)
qlum
support!
Gemi
Mmmm, nice. I'd just divide it to "with mods" and "without mods" though. If each mod has its own ranking then they will be quite empty. This is a very good idea imo.
Topic Starter
Lybydose
I can't imagine the individual mods would be empty. Since the "hidden" chart would be an overall total of all the scores each player has achieved with "hidden", I'm sure it would contain several thousand people. I started using difficulty increase mods on easy maps within a day or two of starting the game, so I'm sure most new players have played SOMETHING modded, and thus would be ranked on the chart. Per-song charts (or filters) is a separate idea entirely, and I'm sure something like that would probably be better off "no-mods" and "with mods."
Gemi
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Ekaru
Mods already increase your score and give you a boost on the Overall Ranking charts.

You're basically proposing more Overall Rankings, except for specific mods.

Not to mention that if you use multiple mods, you'd go on multiple charts... with a score that had a multiplier. Also, 4 mods at once = 4 charts that show up, in addition to monthly charts and any other charts they intend to put up.

I don't really think this is worth the space, especially since mods are already recognized, especially when you get a higher score, and due to multi mod usage, there wouldn't be too much of a point.

I view charts as more of monthly and event things, for limited time things they do for an even playing field. I don't think we need 4 more Overall Rankings for specific mods. No support from me. Sorry!
Gemi
In short: I also agree that mod-specific rankings are unnecessary.
Ekaru
Though, I might as well propose a totally different but related idea while I'm here:

Mod events for select songs. Say, a dozen or so, that have been deemed suitable for a certain mod on all difficulties.

It would be like the monthly charts, except for a specific mod for a specific selection of songs that could be put in a pack, to see who is the best with that mod, while going with the purpose and idea of charts.

Only that specific mod would be allowed for the chart, except No Video and Sudden Death (since they have no game-changing effect).
anonymous_old

Ekaru wrote:

Only that specific mod would be allowed for the chart, except No Video and Sudden Death (since they have no game-changing effect).
You mean score-changing effects. The Sudden Death mod does change gameplay (prevents slider break (?) and a miss).
TheVileOne
Okay. This would be cool.