forum

[Archived] Windows detecting something in my osu! files

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SAksd
So Windows Defender has detected something in my game's files only since today and it's marking it as ''Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml'' and i have no idea if it's just a false positive or if i should be worried about it, it also seems to be deleting said file and it happens every single time i open the game.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me in all of my time playing osu! and, again, it's only started today, specifically 30 minutes ago. And just in case, I haven't downloaded anything weird or suspicious lately, or downloaded anything at all.

Putting a SS here from the three times i opened it since then just in case, too (that i hopefully didn't mess up):

https://i.imgur.com/Lwc4qMG.png
GrzeoB
I have the same problem, don't know what to do

Update:
Seems like it happens to detects it when i play this beatmap, strange
beatmapsets/51972#osu/181253
ThatTechGuy2008

SAksd wrote:

So Windows Defender has detected something in my game's files only since today and it's marking it as ''Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml'' and i have no idea if it's just a false positive or if i should be worried about it, it also seems to be deleting said file and it happens every single time i open the game.

This is the first time this has ever happened to me in all of my time playing osu! and, again, it's only started today, specifically 30 minutes ago. And just in case, I haven't downloaded anything weird or suspicious lately, or downloaded anything at all.

Putting a SS here from the three times i opened it since then just in case, too (that i hopefully didn't mess up):

i cant see what that says (it's not english in the screenshot)
Topic Starter
SAksd

ThatTechGuy2008 wrote:

SAksd wrote:

i cant see what that says (it's not english in the screenshot)
''Threat blocked

Detected: Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml
A threat or app has been removed on this device.

Date: April 21st 2024 2:00am
Details: This program is dangerous and executes commands of an attacker.

Affected items:

file C:\Users\Me :D\Appdata\Local\osu!\Data\a\8926557''

A little bit of an oversight there on my part, sorry lol.

I also can't seem to find the Data\a\8926557 folder or whatever it may be because i'm guessing windows keeps deleting it, though nothing in my game seems out of the ordinary and my computer seems totally fine so i still have no idea what's going on x_x
GrzeoB
This file is hidden by default, u can change its visibility in Windows settings.
I saw that this folder just disappear when i close the game
And same my PC seems to be fine. I run Defender offline scan and it detects nothing, tho i cant find anyone else expext you to encounter this problem
Topic Starter
SAksd
When I tried googling it at first I also saw that nobody else had this problem, it's all very strange. The Defender offline scans also do not show anything on my computer so i'm out of ideas ToT
GrzeoB
I'm reading that it's most likely Defender false positive and maybe that's true since it happened to me only after updating virus database. After today's update this file seems totally fine, also uploaded it to VirusTotal and it says it's clear
Blushing
that data\a\<user_id> is the avatar image of your profile picture. It was is used for the ranking thing. Windows is more than likely detecting a false positive.

You can add an exception in to your firewall if you want to.
GrzeoB

Blushing wrote:

that data\a\<user_id> is the avatar image of your profile picture. It was is used for the ranking thing. Windows is more than likely detecting a false positive.

You can add an exception in to your firewall if you want to.
what a relief, thanks for the answer <3
Blushing
I guess I should preface: You should always practice safe internet use and downloading from sites even osu can pose a threat.

You should run your antivirus and make sure it focuses on osu!'s contents, if it warns you about something and it prompts you to remove it or remove it for you, then you should do so. osu! in its base state does not contain anything harmful to the computer or any viruses.

Whether you downloaded one through skins from a site or beatmaps from a different site is completely something else.
Topic Starter
SAksd
I've had this pfp and my osu! skin for a couple of months and 2-ish years respectively and have not downloaded any other skins, so i'm not sure why Defender thought it was a problem NOW ToT

I ran my defender on the osu! folder and it detected absolutely nothing so yeah it's probably just a false positive since the only thing i've changed in my game since long ago is just getting more beatmaps.

Thanks so much for all the info and help y'all! :0