forum

Should I do alternating?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xrayzack1010
Hello, I am currently playing a 3-star beatmap.
But I can never make a 4 star beatmap. This is because
Could it be because I'm doing single tapping? Should I do alternative tapping?
Flagrant
The way you're tapping doesn't reflect on anything. If you can't play 4* its because you still need practice on 3* maps. I recommend playing high 3* until you can get 96% accuracy, then start by playing low 4*
Topic Starter
xrayzack1010

Flagrant wrote:

The way you're tapping doesn't reflect on anything. If you can't play 4* its because you still need practice on 3* maps. I recommend playing high 3* until you can get 96% accuracy, then start by playing low 4*
Thanks.
Nanofranne
Why not?

alternating with give you advantage on finger control. But If you simply can't play higher difficulty, then it is simply the matter of your current skill limits
Laskerf
yeah you're supposed to alternate on z and x keys to hit triples, bursts, streams and basically anything that's too fast for a single finger.
If your question was about 4* jumps, then no, alternating is not necessary, they aren't any faster to click just because the star rating is higher!
Aveil
You don't need to, but I think you should at least be able to. If you know how to alt jumps intuitively, then moving onto bursts and eventually streams should be a lot easier since it's the same but twice the speed.
ChestBeats
It will help, slowly try to introduce the second finger.
Ymir
Good habit to get into starting out.
Storemy
Contradictory to other replies, I recommend sticking to singletapping for a while. It will build a stamina better than alternating. Like until 6 stars you can easily singletap everything (except streams and tech stuff, of course). So stick to it until you'll feel you need to alternate certain maps (for example 1/3 streams, repetitious 1-2 sliders with notes on the third sixtieth note and so on). It will be obvious when you will need this skill, so enjoy the game the way you like.