forum

Lost ability to jump but suddenly can stream

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Megood
Hi,
so uh you read the title right, two or three months ago i could jump just fine,
but for a month now i cannot hit any jumps but suddenly learned to stream maps and have extremely good stamina.

I don’t know what could be causing this, it’s extremely frustrating to fail maps i could jump easily 2-3 months ago.

If anyone could explain or help me i would greatly appreciate it!
NissingMo
Lack of focus while practicing could be a cause. If you don’t practice while intentionally isolating specific skills or working within a particular skill set, you will end up developing your skills unevenly.

If you implement a basic structure to your play sessions, for example, practice at least 5 jump maps and at least 5 stream maps per session. Then you may retain both skill sets instead of randomly flip flopping.

The practice doesn’t have to be complicated. It can be as simple as trying to improve acc or score over time.

This concept of focused or structured practice can be applied to most skills in life.

Best of luck.
Topic Starter
Megood

NissingMo wrote:

Lack of focus while practicing could be a cause. If you don’t practice while intentionally isolating specific skills or working within a particular skill set, you will end up developing your skills unevenly.

If you implement a basic structure to your play sessions, for example, practice at least 5 jump maps and at least 5 stream maps per session. Then you may retain both skill sets instead of randomly flip flopping.

The practice doesn’t have to be complicated. It can be as simple as trying to improve acc or score over time.

This concept of focused or structured practice can be applied to most skills in life.

Best of luck.
Ah i see, but i play both jump and stream maps simultaneously, so that doesn’t really work… the best way i can explain my situation is imagine if your main skill was taken away but your weaker skill (at that time) suddenly became your strenght.
NissingMo
Expanding upon what I said. You say you have a diversified play session. This is really good!

If you feel like you need to bolster a specific skill for any reason at all you need to either increase the frequency or the quality of time spent polishing that skill. That can translate to spending more map time, increasing star rating or even as specific as aiming for particular difficulties.

That’s beyond the scope of this post though. If you have specific fundamental skills you need to improve and synthesize with your jump ability, maybe you need to experiment with different bpms, circle sizes and approach rates. You can identify if you are having speed, precision or reading issues respectively.

But I digress, the more specific you can narrow your skill deficiency, the easier time you will have isolating that issue and improving it. But all the investigative portions of your improvement journey has to come from you.
Topic Starter
Megood

NissingMo wrote:

Expanding upon what I said. You say you have a diversified play session. This is really good!

If you feel like you need to bolster a specific skill for any reason at all you need to either increase the frequency or the quality of time spent polishing that skill. That can translate to spending more map time, increasing star rating or even as specific as aiming for particular difficulties.

That’s beyond the scope of this post though. If you have specific fundamental skills you need to improve and synthesize with your jump ability, maybe you need to experiment with different bpms, circle sizes and approach rates. You can identify if you are having speed, precision or reading issues respectively.

But I digress, the more specific you can narrow your skill deficiency, the easier time you will have isolating that issue and improving it. But all the investigation has to come from you.
Are you using AI to reply to me 😭🙏
NissingMo
Not at all! I’ve applied this improvement algorithm to fighting games, mobas and first person shooters. I am relatively new to Osu! But the way I approach improvement in any skill in life is as I have described. Just bear in mind that what worked for me may not work for everyone, but this is a pretty flexible method that I find is often successful for a majority of people.

Hopefully this all helps. I wish you the best of luck!