forum

should I keep playing when arms hurt or pause and quit?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
holytaco
Hello fellow Osu players I come from fnf and I'm around 3.6* in skill level. When I try to play maps that are leading into 4* like 3.8* I can read it for like 10 seconds then I start to feel pain in my forearms and my fingers fall off which leads to me pausing the map and either quitting the map or unpausing to try and continue. The thing with fnf is that you get short period breaks, so this is a whole different experience.
Wimpy Cursed
For now it seems taking a break would be a good option to do.
After coming back, build up your stamina on lower difficulties. You may be able to play them, but try to focus more on full combo on a map.
Topic Starter
holytaco

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

After coming back, build up your stamina on lower difficulties. You may be able to play them, but try to focus more on full combo on a map.
wouldn't it be better for me to learn patterns on harder maps and just get A's instead of trying to perfect what I already kind of know. Like right now I'm getting mostly 93% on 3*- 3.7* maps, wont I progress faster if I work on getting A's on hard maps instead of fcs. Also how do I build stamina on lower diff maps is there long endurance maps I should play?
Wimpy Cursed

holytaco wrote:

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

wouldn't it be better for me to learn patterns on harder maps and just get A's instead of trying to perfect what I already kind of know. Like right now I'm getting mostly 93% on 3*- 3.7* maps, wont I progress faster if I work on getting A's on hard maps instead of fcs. Also how do I build stamina on lower diff maps is there long endurance maps I should play?
I would suggest you get comfortable at 96% or above for your first statement.
And I suggest fcs for the stamina build. You won't be overdoing it that way.
But there is another way of training stamina. The general pattern should be chordjacks, but I think any map with a lot of jacks should work. It requires you to use your forearm more. It is also a way to train general speed, if you decide to go up bpm every so often.
Topic Starter
holytaco

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

holytaco wrote:

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

I would suggest you get comfortable at 96% or above for your first statement.
And I suggest fcs for the stamina build. You won't be overdoing it that way.
But there is another way of training stamina. The general pattern should be chordjacks, but I think any map with a lot of jacks should work. It requires you to use your forearm more. It is also a way to train general speed, if you decide to go up bpm every so often.
200 bpm stair maps are my best friend, but jacks aren't that bad. thanks for the help.