forum

question about tablet choice

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
doh
i have a CTL-4100, I use it for drawing and playing osu, on osu I hover because I'm afraid of completely ruining the nibs

considering the hover on the CTL-4100 having hardware smoothing, (probably why I suck with hovering with this tablet) should I return my CTL-4100 and get a CTL-472? or a CTL-480?

over here the 4100 is nearly the same price as a 472, however they are all MUCH cheaper second hand, including the 480

(and to be honest I do not use the buttons on the CTL-4100)
DM FOR MUTUAL
Well the two tablets you listed are objectively better for osu, can't say anything about how good they are for drawing

Also If you use the wacom driver instead of instead of the osu lazer driver or opentabletdriver then that'll probably add some smoothing/input lag as well, I specifically remember that hovering on a CTL-4100 was a lot worse on the wacom drivers than on opentabletdriver. The problem is that idk how good opentabletdriver is for drawing.

Do what you want, but I will confirm that getting a CTL-472 or a CTH-480 will be an upgrade to your osu setup especially if you hover. Either one is good, I don't think there's a big argument to say one is better than the other.
Djemovampire
4100 hover is worse than others but really not that bad and definitely not bad enough to make a noticeable difference in the maps you are playing at your current level, so you will not instantly improve from switching tablets but if its easy for you to get one of those that you listed go for it
Topic Starter
doh

DM FOR MUTUAL wrote:

Well the two tablets you listed are objectively better for osu, can't say anything about how good they are for drawing

Also If you use the wacom driver instead of instead of the osu lazer driver or opentabletdriver then that'll probably add some smoothing/input lag as well, I specifically remember that hovering on a CTL-4100 was a lot worse on the wacom drivers than on opentabletdriver. The problem is that idk how good opentabletdriver is for drawing.

Do what you want, but I will confirm that getting a CTL-472 or a CTH-480 will be an upgrade to your osu setup especially if you hover. Either one is good, I don't think there's a big argument to say one is better than the other.

GtbBraingang wrote:

4100 hover is worse than others but really not that bad and definitely not bad enough to make a noticeable difference in the maps you are playing at your current level, so you will not instantly improve from switching tablets but if its easy for you to get one of those that you listed go for it
thank you both! i appreciate it!
I think I'll return my 4100 but I do have some time left to figure it all out, that really helped!
Ymir
I use the CTL-4100 too.
Topic Starter
doh
an update: I kept my CTL-4100, using opentabletdriver is definitely much better, I've got no problems with it now!