forum

[Archived] Volume increasing and decreasing issues.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dimactavish
On certain beatmaps, the hitsounds sometimes fades away. It really is affecting my gameplay since i use the hitsounds to help me flow with the rhythm.

I recently had just changed from using speakers to headphones, and the issue does not exist on the speaker. Certain beatmaps had become unplayable because i can't no longer predict rhythms and flow with it (hitsounds are really important to me).

I think the root of the issue is from Windows or my driver automatically leveling my audio... But i can't seem to find any fixes on the net.

osu! version: Stable 20240330.2
Blushing
If you go into the audio drivers for your speakers, is there any filters, additives, or boosts happening?

When you use your headphones, does the audio device change appear correctly in the settings? Do the headphones you use have a software that goes with them so that you can adjust profiles or something?
Topic Starter
dimactavish

Blushing wrote:

If you go into the audio drivers for your speakers, is there any filters, additives, or boosts happening?

When you use your headphones, does the audio device change appear correctly in the settings? Do the headphones you use have a software that goes with them so that you can adjust profiles or something?
Turned off all filters and anything like that. I use Conexant SmartAudio driver.

And my headphones are PnP. No software or drivers included.
Blushing
Is there a possibility you can give a video of this happening?

There are hotkeys in osu! that can adjust the volume within the map but they are usually not pressed unless intentionally doing. What buttons are you pressing when this volume adjustment happens.
Topic Starter
dimactavish

Blushing wrote:

Is there a possibility you can give a video of this happening?
Apologies for the awful quality, i haven't configured my OBS and my video card for recording. The sound's still fine though.
https://youtu.be/iBi0Qau8W_g the problem appears at 0:23. Then after that the hitsounds become very loud. On recordings it's not too significant but i can't hear it on gameplay.

Blushing wrote:

There are hotkeys in osu! that can adjust the volume within the map but they are usually not pressed unless intentionally doing. What buttons are you pressing when this volume adjustment happens.
I don't remember pressing anything and if it was indeed pressed then it might be a misclick.

On another note, if i increase my game volume, it applies to the entire game and not just hitsounds. A map can have loud and silent parts depending on the song. This one is not too distracting, though.