forum

[Archived] I can't connect to banchoserver. (Solved)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kirazky
Problem details:I cant connect to banchoserver. I have this issue since 2 days since i cant connect to bancho i tried to delete osu and download osu!install after launching updater it says it does have issues with my internet connection(my internet doesnt have any issues actually). was not able to play the game, and after downloading the updater doesnt update and download the game aswell.

Edit: solved the issue with downloading a new version .net framework on my WIN7, the newest version doesnt work so i installed this: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework/net472
Blushing
When you launch the osu!install.exe what appears?

Can you see if the osu! folder is being created at all, and if it is navigate inside of it to locate the Logs folder?

the default path for osu to download to is: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!
Topic Starter
kirazky

Blushing wrote:

When you launch the osu!install.exe what appears?

Can you see if the osu! folder is being created at all, and if it is navigate inside of it to locate the Logs folder?

the default path for osu to download to is: C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!
If i launch osu!install.exe it launches the osu updater it says something like it will download the data to C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu! in 8 seconds and after it says something like: A error occured! Please Check your Internet connection. in german language.

Edit: forgot to say the folder appdata/local/osu" exist even if i deleted osu.
Einzarch
Same issues here, A week ago i was playing fine online, and yesterday it suddenly broke (i'm playing only at weekends) Tried osu!repair but it says "please check your internet connection", cannot log in at all "connection failed, retrying in x" Tried some fixes like disabling firewall, restarting laptop, editing firewall permission to allow osu internet, tried some old advice to uncheck lan settings in Connection settings same result

Tried downloading a fresh installation for osu but the updater stays the same, always connection error messages, tried to change the hotspot i'm using for internet, also same results, tried to use osu from an external hard drive of mine which got a completely separated and different osu file than in my internal hard drive, but same result, tried downloading older version of osu from some archive websites but the connection issue still exists

to sums it up i cannot login to osu in game at all, Tried using VPN to change my IP and everything but it doesn't work, cannot perform any update or repair, fresh installation also doesn't work as it requires me to use the osu!updater, connection is fine because i can open google/youtube/etc and it runs fine, everything except for osu is fine.

been having this issue for 3 whole days consecutively without any succesfull attempt on trying to log in at all
Topic Starter
kirazky

Einzarch wrote:

Same issues here, A week ago i was playing fine online, and yesterday it suddenly broke (i'm playing only at weekends) Tried osu!repair but it says "please check your internet connection", cannot log in at all "connection failed, retrying in x" Tried some fixes like disabling firewall, restarting laptop, editing firewall permission to allow osu internet, tried some old advice to uncheck lan settings in Connection settings same result

Tried downloading a fresh installation for osu but the updater stays the same, always connection error messages, tried to change the hotspot i'm using for internet, also same results, tried to use osu from an external hard drive of mine which got a completely separated and different osu file than in my internal hard drive, but same result, tried downloading older version of osu from some archive websites but the connection issue still exists

to sums it up i cannot login to osu in game at all, Tried using VPN to change my IP and everything but it doesn't work, cannot perform any update or repair, fresh installation also doesn't work as it requires me to use the osu!updater, connection is fine because i can open google/youtube/etc and it runs fine, everything except for osu is fine.

been having this issue for 3 whole days consecutively without any succesfull attempt on trying to log in at all
Exactly the same issue here since 3 days and no connection to the osu server...
If you find a way to connect to the osu server could you write here or contact me privately? If i find a way i will write here or could write private as well.
I try since 3 days and nothing works until now as you said. :/
Domco
What is your operating system?
Topic Starter
kirazky

Domco wrote:

What is your operating system?
My pc has pretty old operating system WIN7. Tried id with my weak laptop that is win10 it works on my laptop.
Could it be because of the operating system, do i have to update it to play osu?
Domco
you do not need to update your operating system, but you will need to download & install newer .net framework version: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework/net481
Topic Starter
kirazky

Domco wrote:

you do not need to update your operating system, but you will need to download & install newer .net framework version: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework/net481
Thanks a lot for the help it works. :)
The newest version of .net framework doesnt seem to work on WIN7 so i installed this version:
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework/net472
And it works well. ^^