forum

[resolved] i need help with file size exceeded issue!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kreideprinz
hello, so the map i'm currently trying to upload has MASSIVE hitsound files, because of keysounding (.), but i think that's not really the problem? since there are other maps with much further bigger size out there
i also tried putting a circle at the end of the map on each difficulties and yet it's still stuck with this error

you can check the map in question here / current map situation >>

what could be the issue and how could i fix it? thank you in advance!
MusicRitman
The maximum size of a beatmap cannot exceed 32MB of size. That means you either have too many hitsounds in your folder, or your song file is too big for the hitsounds to fit in.

Solution: Please reconsider your decision of having 100+ hitsounds or compress the song file.
Topic Starter
Kreideprinz

MusicRitman wrote:

The maximum size of a beatmap cannot exceed 32MB of size. That means you either have too many hitsounds in your folder, or your song file is too big for the hitsounds to fit in.

Solution: Please reconsider your decision of having 100+ hitsounds or compress the song file.
thank you so much! i'll try deleting some hitsound files for now :D
update: deleted some files and it's working AAAAA, thanks again
lewski
You could just keep all of your hitsounds if you reencoded all of them from WAV to OGG Vorbis. It saves a ton of space on each hitsound, so when you have a lot of them, it adds up fast.

I did exactly that with FFmpeg Batch AV Converter (parameters: -vn -c:a libvorbis -q 6) and the set went from 35MB to 12MB; for convenience, you can download a zip of the reencoded hitsounds here. (note: although they should be fine, I'm not going to test whether all 128 of them work for sure, so if anything's broken I trust you to deal with it yourself)

Your background also takes up a super unnecessary amount of space. You can make it more than 80% smaller by just saving it as a JPEG with the quality setting set to about 90, and it basically won't even look any different. PNG is a super wasteful format for most images of this size when you don't need transparency, so you should basically always prefer JPEG for your map backgrounds.
Topic Starter
Kreideprinz

lewski wrote:

You could just keep all of your hitsounds if you reencoded all of them from WAV to OGG Vorbis. It saves a ton of space on each hitsound, so when you have a lot of them, it adds up fast.

I did exactly that with FFmpeg Batch AV Converter (parameters: -vn -c:a libvorbis -q 6) and the set went from 35MB to 12MB; for convenience, you can download a zip of the reencoded hitsounds here. (note: although they should be fine, I'm not going to test whether all 128 of them work for sure, so if anything's broken I trust you to deal with it yourself)

Your background also takes up a super unnecessary amount of space. You can make it more than 80% smaller by just saving it as a JPEG with the quality setting set to about 90, and it basically won't even look any different. PNG is a super wasteful format for most images of this size when you don't need transparency, so you should basically always prefer JPEG for your map backgrounds.
woah, big thanks to you for the converted hitsound files. it really saved much more space, from around 30mb to only 10mb.
now i can keep all the hitsound files i intended to. i'm going to be using them, and i'll credit you for the files :>
i also changed the bg to .jpeg and quality set of 90 as you suggested.

and my lame ass half functioning brain forgot to mark this post resolved (i forgor since the last time i posted in the forum was a few years ago). as the issue is resolved now, this is the end of the thread. thanks y'all again.