forum

[resolved] error during upload (solved :D)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
StooStew
i just finished making a new difficulty for my beatmap (it has a different version of the song) and when i try to update the beatmap an error message appears saying "error during upload:it's not possible to record data in the connection of transport:it was forced the cancellation of one existent conection by the remote host"

1-is this because of the different song versions i used for each difficulty?
2-is there a way to fix it without removing one of the difficulties?
3-if there isn't,how do i turn one of the difficuties into a separate beatmap?
Blushing
What does the song folder look like for that song? Do the .osu's include the right mp3 for the right difficulty?
Topic Starter
StooStew

Blushing wrote:

What does the song folder look like for that song? Do the .osu's include the right mp3 for the right difficulty?
it has the normal difficulty song on the top called "audio",then the notepad for the normal difficulty,then the notepad for the hard difficulty,then the song for the hard difficulty called "The Mind Electric Hard Mode" and at the bottom the background of the song,also both songs ARE mp3's
Jason X
Problem has been solved:
BSS tried to assign a BeatmapID that was already in use (uploaded and later deleted it seems) in another mapset.

BeatmapID has been changed to 0 (essentially a new diff) and the upload proceeded without incident:

Solution for later problems of this type:
- Open the difficulties .osu file in a suitable text editor (in the editor, press File > Open .osu in Notepad)
- Locate BeatmapID in the text file, then replace the number with 0
- Save the text file, then leave the in-game editor without saving there, so the changes from the text file can take place.
- Upload the map.

Note: if this doesn't help, the problem might be a different one.