forum

[resolved] Mania Lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ayaya
Problem Details: Ever since the update today people been lagging like crazy on mania, including me.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Sometime map lag so bad that the game freezes before starting but you can still press the keys, see the keys being press, and hear hitsounds (image above)

osu! version: 20140301.11 (latest)
Hayabusa
Yeah osu!mania is pretty laggy atm since this version (pasted by Ayaya) but there are also problems on custom hitsounds one some maps such as Kors k - smooch mapped by DJ pop. getting certain lag on different maps. such as low FPS making it incredibly hard to get 300G or even 300s. so yeah this is kinda getting ridiculous for the past well 4 updates. theyre suppose to make the GAME better? well so far its made the game worse.

Please Fix this allready its annoying me to the maximum.
NaomiMinette
I'm getting lag as well. It's particularly noticeable when you set your FPS to 60, 120, or 240.
Akali
Got 30 fps on mania, while standard has usual ~100.

Nvrm, might be this new storyboard thing related. I had 26fps on autoconvert with video, 50fps on mania specific NM and 17fps on Perfume - Laser Beam (Autoconvert) which has pretty heavy storyboard. SB and vids disabled.
Topic Starter
Ayaya
I never play with SB or wth video and still lag, happened after the update.
Ryu Sei
Maybe because this? (look at bolded text)
Topic Starter
Ayaya
I don't play with video

I can play ctb just fine but mania is like lag city
Tokiiwa
Same here, mania lags really badly, with or without video -- video makes it worse though
Remillion Cross
I tried to find the reason why it's only laggy at mania ( at now, i think this problem is come after updating osu! ( in my country, it's yesterday ))
This problem are not effect in CTB, Taiko, or osu!standard. They're keep working as usual. Just in mania.
I tried to change the fps to unlimited, 240, 120, and 60, but the osu!mania is still lag (fps is under 80)

I hope this problem will be fixed soon. I getting feel uncomfortable when playing this mode with very low fps ( maybe it's not only me, but all of mania players who got this problem )
Topic Starter
Ayaya
I just played the same map as in my 1st post just now, if you look here and compare to my evidence in my 1st post, it freezes at the same place
Topic Starter
Ayaya

Remillion Cross wrote:

I tried to change the fps to unlimited, 240, 120, and 60, but the osu!mania is still lag (fps is under 80)
I tried this too but nothing happened :(
Cuppp
Lagging on LN heavy maps ~
Ryu Sei
More objects in gameplay, more lag in the game.
Natame-
I got the same problem too , everytime i play specific and auto-converted maps, my fps drops below 60 :( (normally it was 200+ fps)
It doesn't matter when i tried to change the frame limiter to 240 fps or Unlimited
Skalim
I got the same problem, with unlimited frame and 120 fps, but normally happen when i play lvl +30 maps, this is occur AFTER of the update :/ (sorry for my bad english).
TheVileOne
Enough people have had issues here that it's probably a legitimate issue. For whatever reason I don't get lag in mania. I have tried maps that they say lag for them and experience freezes, but they run perfectly fine on my machine. I'm sure what the difference between my setup and theirs, especially considering how bad my machine is; if anything I should be the one getting the frame drops.
MillhioreF
I'm getting pretty bad framerates in superinsanes (~70fps) but nothing as terrible as what's being noted in this thread. Can anyone with this problem post their computer specs?
Halogen-
Just dropping by here to note that I've also noticed a decent bit of frame loss when playing in osu!mania, where in previous situations I was using 60 FPS + VSync and getting super smooth gameplay; it's quite noticeable for me as well.
M0STW4NT3D
My fps 10-20 when playing osu mania..it's very laggy
peppy
It's likely due to the way osu!mania was coded, which is to say in a way that I was not expecting, and therefore my recent optimisations have seen the opposite effect in mania. I'll look into this now.
Halogen-
Really appreciate you looking into it, peppy. What exactly happened in the most recent update (or two? it's been about three days since I opened the client thanks to schoolwork, haha) that might have caused this kind of large performance change?
peppy
I optimised sprites to be MUCH more efficient (you should be able to notice the difference in other game modes / online users view etc.)
Topic Starter
Ayaya
Thank you peppy for looking into this \o/
Good luck!!!
peppy
Fixed in test build. Please test it out.
Topic Starter
Ayaya
I just tested it out in the test build and it stopped lagging!!!
THANK YOU PEPPY!!! ♥♥♥