forum

mouse vs patterns

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AyeshaEricota
as we all know, there are players with mouses and tablets, so...

you may misunderstand me but i've played with the mouse for 2y (since i quit in 2015) and there are many unplayable for me patterns

maybe im wrong and just dont actually have that much skill, but wouldnt it be nice and fair if mappers tested their beatmaps playing both mouse and tablet to make sure its playable?

OR if not, then how to improve the mouse gameplay?
i could set higher DPI but would it help?
dung eater
you can do all patterns on mouse and tablet, there's no difference.

you can practice the pattern and think what problem you have doing it.
DM FOR MUTUAL
Are the patterns unplayable for you because of mouse drift or because you struggle to physically make the movements? Also specifically what patterns are they?

If it's a mouse drift issue, I'm not too sure what to say, I'm sure mouse players can give better advice.

If you struggle to physically make the movements, I'm more inclined to believe that this is a more specific issue than a general mouse issue, because as dung eater said mouse shouldn't have any significant disadvantage with playing patterns compared to a tablet (ignoring mouse drift). Maybe that changes at higher and higher skill levels, but I don't think osu top players have reached that point yet because we still have top mouse players.

Maybe it's something to do with your hardware/setup or your mechanics/playstyle, or maybe you just don't have the aim control or reading ability to hit those patterns, we can't really tell without more information.
Topic Starter
AyeshaEricota

DM FOR MUTUAL wrote:

Are the patterns unplayable for you because of mouse drift or because you struggle to physically make the movements? Also specifically what patterns are they?

If it's a mouse drift issue, I'm not too sure what to say, I'm sure mouse players can give better advice.

If you struggle to physically make the movements, I'm more inclined to believe that this is a more specific issue than a general mouse issue, because as dung eater said mouse shouldn't have any significant disadvantage with playing patterns compared to a tablet (ignoring mouse drift). Maybe that changes at higher and higher skill levels, but I don't think osu top players have reached that point yet because we still have top mouse players.

Maybe it's something to do with your hardware/setup or your mechanics/playstyle, or maybe you just don't have the aim control or reading ability to hit those patterns, we can't really tell without more information.
i struggle moving my hand around, mostly my struggle is in HUGE circle pattern, my hand hurts moving like that
UPD: and yeah, mouse drift is also an issue
AccountWontWork
playing mouse for like 3 years now and I can say that there are definitely patterns harder to play on with mouse, but I wouldnt say that they are unplayable since patterns I thought were impossible are playable now
Topic Starter
AyeshaEricota

AccountWontWork wrote:

playing mouse for like 3 years now and I can say that there are definitely patterns harder to play on with mouse, but I wouldnt say that they are unplayable since patterns I thought were impossible are playable now
maybe ill get used to them again eventually