forum

Reading

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Klevsify
Could someone explain me how to improve reading and how would AR7-8 reading maps help me in general? or is it just useless, im a 50k and never understood why reading should be specifically be trained, like how can those slow AR maps help me with Higher ones? I just dont get it lmao
MrMcMikey22

Klevsify wrote:

Could someone explain me how to improve reading and how would AR7-8 reading maps help me in general? or is it just useless, im a 50k and never understood why reading should be specifically be trained, like how can those slow AR maps help me with Higher ones? I just dont get it lmao
Hmmmm..

To me it's quite literally the opposite thing, because I have rarely played anything above ar8.

Above AR8 and I am already struggling at how fast the approaches are going...

Though it's also because I just absolutely suck at playing a new map... ;w;
Topic Starter
Klevsify

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Klevsify wrote:

Hmmmm..

To me it's quite literally the opposite thing, because I have rarely played anything above ar8.

Above AR8 and I am already struggling at how fast the approaches are going...

Though it's also because I just absolutely suck at playing a new map... ;w;
well you are also a new player so i think thats normal
Nanofranne
Low AR would rely on a lot of memorising, as in you understand how the patterns are going to be played out.

You'll will gain some benefit to playing low AR. As AR naturally would just ends at like mid 9 to 10 at like 5, 6, 7, 8*, You will need to soak in more and more circles appearing at once as the AR just stops there.

One of core principle in low AR and EZ is to read everything at once and figure out which to aim in one shot. This is how you can figure out tricky patterns that if you only do bruteforcing will only results in misaim. Reading maps which are on higher AR actually do exist which train you such skillset such as this one : beatmapsets/904962#osu/1888862
Topic Starter
Klevsify

Nanofranne wrote:

Low AR would rely on a lot of memorising, as in you understand how the patterns are going to be played out.

You'll will gain some benefit to playing low AR. As AR naturally would just ends at like mid 9 to 10 at like 5, 6, 7, 8*, You will need to soak in more and more circles appearing at once as the AR just stops there.

One of core principle in low AR and EZ is to read everything at once and figure out which to aim in one shot. This is how you can figure out tricky patterns that if you only do bruteforcing will only results in misaim. Reading maps which are on higher AR actually do exist which train you such skillset such as this one : beatmapsets/904962#osu/1888862
thx for explaining
Almost

Nanofranne wrote:

One of core principle in low AR and EZ is to read everything at once and figure out which to aim in one shot. This is how you can figure out tricky patterns that if you only do bruteforcing will only results in misaim.
Umm.. no..

You don't read everything at once on low AR, you only look at the stuff that matters. Looking at everything will only serve to confuse you more.

@OP: If you can read a pattern on low AR, it will be a lot easier to read it on higher ARs. While it's not completely necessary to learn low ARs, it can help.
MrMcMikey22
I personally like reading low ar on diffs that don't heavily rely on reading the notes to exactly know where to aim and where to hit, because I actually do suck at diffs that mainly focus on reading low ar.

Guess that's also the reason why creating a lower difficulty heavily relying to reading the notes is really hard.

I like using EZ, because I don't have to stress about the approach rate going so fast.

(Though using it on a reading map really is a nightmare!)
Colder
For me reading is the most important skill to improve.

You see, my goal is to be able to join any multiplayer lobby and first try 95% any map that is thrown at me. And for that I need to be able to read both slow AR and fast AR maps without any issue.

Of course, if you don't have an ego like mine that is hurt everytime I have to retry a map more than 10 times just to beat it above 98% (not 95% because if my goal is always higher then when I am playing multiplayer I should be able to consistently get accuracy above 95%) and you are willing to have maps with more than 100 retries then I don't think you need to be able to read at a high level, because reading only helps you beat maps with less retries.

My definition of reading: The skill that prevents you from hitting circles too early or too late in a succession. For example if you needed to hit circles which are in a square shape then bad reading should result in either too fast hitting of the circles or too slow hitting of the circles.
MrMcMikey22
I feel like the more consistent the ur to hitting the circles are, the better!

And that's what I sometimes miss on most of my plays too... ;w;

My UR is like a lot higher than like the average 6 digit play I think... Even if I hit more 300's...
Nanofranne

Almost wrote:

Nanofranne wrote:

One of core principle in low AR and EZ is to read everything at once and figure out which to aim in one shot. This is how you can figure out tricky patterns that if you only do bruteforcing will only results in misaim.
Umm.. no..

You don't read everything at once on low AR, you only look at the stuff that matters. Looking at everything will only serve to confuse you more.

@OP: If you can read a pattern on low AR, it will be a lot easier to read it on higher ARs. While it's not completely necessary to learn low ARs, it can help.
I'm not here to argue how you should define things and to dictate how to play. Yeah, you can still do that but I personally don't.
Naiad
What is your goal? If you want to be super well rounded or a tourney demon, play some low ar (perhaps with HD if you want to be a tourney player) since it'll help you. If you just want to gain ranks, or enjoy the game in some other way there is no need.