forum

[Archived] offset problem keyboard/hitsounds not sounding right

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
- shuki -
ive been trying to adjust the offset, but wathever I do, it doesnt work because if hitsounds are timed correctly , the keyboard doesnt sound timed, and if I adjust the offset so the keyboard is timed correclty hitsounds sounds off
Ive tried to play Mcosu to see if the problem is still there, and its exactly the same, Ive even tried uninstalling and installing but nothing works (I dont have delay problems with sound or hits in any other game)
Topic Starter
- shuki -
:v
Wimpy Cursed
I am a little confused.

Shouldn't either of the two be good enough to tell you that you are hitting the notes at a perfect time?
I am reading this as keyboard sounds and hitsounds are separated, according to the different offset change. Shouldn't they be the same? How are they not aligning to each other, but one works better than the other?

I don't know if I understood the post correctly.
Are you changing offset within the game settings?
Topic Starter
- shuki -
the thing is that if i mute the ingame hitsounds and adjust the offset so the keyboards sounds are timed correctly, and then i unmute the hitsounds it sounds awful, the only way I can even try to play the game without missing everything its just muting hitsounds, but I cant play properly without hitsounds

I asked the support but they dont answer fast, and they just told me "Please make sure you do not have any audio enhancements or "Spatial Sound" enabled in the Windows volume mixer"

something that I dindt say is that I dont have any sound delay issues on any other app or game, its just osu, and even if I play Mcosu its equally as bad as osu

and also yes im changing offset with the ingame settings
Wimpy Cursed
Oh okay. You just need to experiment more, without worrying about hitsounds.
Personally I don't play with hitsounds either, but I did find that the osu!lazer suggested offset setting helps.
Just play a few maps on lazer, apply the offset, maybe need to play more maps again, apply it again if needed.

The offset used for lazer should be good for stable as well.
Topic Starter
- shuki -
thx