forum

[Archived] Cursor stuck to only a portion of the screen when using tablet/pen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
vvi
Problem details:
When using my tablet/pen inside the Osu window my cursor gets stuck in only a portion of the screen. For example in the video I have attached below, about a quarter of the screen I cannot move my cursor into with my tablet pen, but I can with my mouse. This is a problem that only happens when I am tabbed into Osu, when I am drawing or using my tablet to play other games it works fine and does not get stuck. I am on windows 11 and am using Huion tablet drivers if that is relevant. Anyone know how I can fix this?

I have tried turning on and off all mouse related settings, I have tried turning compatibility mode on and off, I've tried reinstalling Osu and my tablet drivers, I have tried using full area on the tablet, all the threads I've managed to find with a similar issue to this seem to have been caused by issues related to having two monitors or using sensitivity that is not 1x however I am on a laptop and am using 1x sensitivity so that is not the problem. Any advice is appreciated, Osu is like my autism hyperfixation game and I'm going through withdrawals pls help lol

last and final edit: Managed to fix it but I'm going to leave this post up so if anyone else has this issue they can find it and see the fix. It was an issue with Huion's tablet driver, which works fine on windows 10 but has issues on windows 11 for whatever reason, downloading open tablet driver will fix this issue

another edit: switching drivers did fix it for a little bit but closing Osu and opening it back up again made it come back. pls help I am beyond confused

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heIeddfHQ7E

osu! version: Stable 20240123 (latest)
SinlessVX
when you say you fixed it..
did you remove huions drivers?
or just ran otd on top of it?

other than that..
looks like an issue with the games resolution not translating to the tablet properly
Topic Starter
vvi

SinlessVX wrote:

other than that..
looks like an issue with the games resolution not translating to the tablet properly
I did remove the huion drivers, I didn't have any issue using the tablet on windows 10, but when I moved to a PC with windows 11 its having issues which is very weird. With the huion drivers I was having this issue every time I launched osu but with the OTD it seems pretty random, sometimes I will open the game and it will work fine, sometimes not
Windows Me
disable Windows Ink via driver options

community/forums/topics/590367?n=1
SinlessVX

Windows Me wrote:

that's not a windows ink issue
windows ink locks your cursor to the top left corner..
this is not happening here

vvi wrote:

SinlessVX wrote:

other than that..
I did remove the huion drivers, I didn't have any issue using the tablet on windows 10, but when I moved to a PC with windows 11 its having issues which is very weird. With the huion drivers I was having this issue every time I launched osu but with the OTD it seems pretty random, sometimes I will open the game and it will work fine, sometimes not
can i see your tablet settings and your ingame resolution settings?
you can add me on discord if that makes it easier :p
Topic Starter
vvi

Windows Me wrote:

windows 11 does not have an option to disable windows ink, I think that's a windows 10 issue only

SinlessVX wrote:

Windows Me wrote:

SinlessVX wrote:

Windows Me wrote:

that's not a windows ink issue
windows ink locks your cursor to the top left corner..
this is not happening here

vvi wrote:

[quote="SinlessVX"]

other than that..
I think its essentially fixed now after I restarted my PC a few times, however because it's been so inconsistent I'm not actually sure lol, I'll add you anyways